Eagle Field May 22 2010 NEW!!! VIDEOS ARE UP!!!!

vette66_00

I got it for yah.. Also Sticky'd

This looks like it will be a fun event. May have to make plans to be there for the fun.

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
300 feet is very short distance, and 100 feet is kind of crazy. If someone comes with anything making 10hp or more they may end up flipping over.

It's hard for most of us out here to drag race 1/8 mile (660 feet) and stay on the ground. You have to remember more people fall or crash on the take off then at high speed. The faster you go, the straighter you go.

Just giving something for you to think about.

300 feet is very short distance, and 100 feet is kind of crazy. If someone comes with anything making 10hp or more they may end up flipping over.

It's hard for most of us out here to drag race 1/8 mile (660 feet) and stay on the ground. You have to remember more people fall or crash on the take off then at high speed. The faster you go, the straighter you go.

Just giving something for you to think about.
Yeah it has to be at least a 1/8th mile.

Damn some times I wish I was still out on the west coast ! You guys are always having a event ...The nearest minibike guy to me I know of is like 100 miles away ...Get video and post please ...

Thanks Tom for the shout and looking forward to a GREAT event May 22nd. Here is the rules for everyone interested;
Eagle Field MINI BIKE Drag Racing Rules
RULE #1: WE ARE RACING FOR FUN!
Helmet: Full Face Helmets (DOT minimum) Required
Clothes: Long sleeve Heavy Jacket required (leather, vinyl or denim), Long Pants, closed toe shoes with socks and Leather Gloves Required
Controls: Throttle and Brakes must be in good working order
Allowed Bikes: Factory recoil pull start mandatory. No kick start, transmission equipped (Cushman's allowed) minis or pocket bikes allowed. ONLY industrial style engines (Briggs, Tecumseh, Honda, ETC.) or early Go Cart/Mini Bike engines (Clinton, MAC, ETC.) allowed.
All Mini Bikes will run together in a "GRUDE" race format. A peoples choice "Class Favorite" award will be given. Number plate (any number OK unless a duplicate arises) recomended to any participant interested in getting votes.
The Mini Bikes will ONLY be allowed to race 300' max with a 100' mark for those wanting a shorter distance.
PLEASE if you have any questions PLEASE contact me before making the trip. Rocky

vette66_00

If using Google Maps use this as your end location 36.894037,-120.672285

You can see a map and make your own directions using GOOGLE MAP however there are some suggested routes for those of you who don't like Google Maps.

I-5 Southbound From Points North

Exit on Mercy Springs Rd, it's the first exit south of Hwy 152. Turn left on Mercy Springs Rd. Almost immediately after crossing over I-5 turn right on Pole Line Road. Follow Pole Line Road for a few miles until you come to your first opportunity to turn left, that will be Eagle Field Rd. Turn left on to Eagle Field Rd. and continue for a few miles until you pass over the Delta Mendota Canal. Immediately after passing over turn left on Prince Ave. If you hit a stop sign you have gone too far, turn around. Go down prince about 300 yards and you will be at Eagle Field.

I-5 Northbound From Points South

Exit Russell Ave. turn right, travel about 10 miles, go past the stop sign. Continue about two miles to Althea Ave. Turn left and continue about 1 mile to Prince Ave. Turn right and go 300 yards to Eagle Field.

I-99 North or From Fresno

Exit on Ave 7 turn west and follow until the road ends in a T, turn left and continue into Firebaugh. In Firebaugh, go through the first two stop signs and turn right at the third where the road dead ends. Move to the left lane ASAP and turn left at the light. You are now on Nees Ave. Follow Nees about 12 miles until you hit a stop sign at Russell Ave. Go right, continue about two miles until you hit Althea Ave. Make a left and go 1 mile to Prince Ave. Make a right and head 300 yards to Eagle Field.

Hotels
INTERSTATE 5 – 15 MINUTES AWAY

*Best Western Apricot Inn (559) - 659 – 1444

LOS BANOS - 20 MINUTES AWAY

*Best Western, John Jay (209) - 827 – 0954

Regency Inn (209) - 826 – 3871

Stardust Motel (209) - 825 – 5016

Last edited:

vette66_00

Hey vette you gonna take your truck if you are I'm challengeing you to a gruge match that vette motor should beat my car no prob lol
It all depends on the $$ for me to get it ready. I have to rebuild the carb or buy a new one. And I have to get the front Disc's on cause trying to stop with all drums SUCKS!!! and is dangerous on a track.

I went to Eagle Field today and ran the old Tote Goat, got beat up and went home with my tail between my legs and a sore back, but I had a good time and met some nice minibikers, thanks for a great event. :thumbsup:

I drove over to Eagle field on Saterday to a record croud.:blink: I met up with vett66 then watched the worlds fastest tote goat and maybe the worlds fastest doodle bug do battle on the dusty track.:thumbsup:It was also good meet Injuntom,although I never got to see him race his convertible pontiac:shrug: I think we need to get more minis involved in the racing so they will keep inviting us to play.:scooter: