Efenel Mini bikes

Hey OldMiniBikes! new to this forum and I came across some new in box Efenel frames that I'm wanting to put back together for fun. Does anyone have any info about these or a link to a build thread on here? Or what years they were in production? This way I can try to piece them back together with proper running gear

Thanks
Gene

edit for some reason my photobucket is loading really slowly, I'll post pics up later this afternoon

Here's a pic of the fork. It's brand new, but does show shelf wear. I'm not going to refinish it as it is the OG paint

Welcome. Cool find!!!
Thank you! I'm excited to get working on these frames. I have 3 different ones straight out of the OG box.

I used to be into big bikes (jap liter bikes) then we ran the little honda 50s during the off season, and found that the little bikes were a lot more fun than the big bikes! Maybe since we rode them all over Chicago, been in a movie and been thrown in jail for a weekend and have some great scars to show from it! Now that I'm older, I'm wanting a nice fun project that my daughter and I can do together

here's pics of one of the frames & handle bars. This one is going on ebay as I like the other ones more. the frame is made in Tawain. The other frames I have are USA made..Here's some pics:

I'm jealous. Any mini bike frame from that era still "new" is very hard to come by. Be sure you keep all the boxing and paperwork if any. What domestic bikes do you have like this? Post some pics soon...

Mean Dean

Awesome find and thanks Casey for the heads up on this one. Here is an Old add for the Grand Prix mini bike

Last edited:
I'll get some pics up soon! I do have a few of each new in a box (green frame but with different forks compared to the blue and then a red frame that doesn't have a sprung seat) I'm going to unload some of them so that I can fund one project and make one extremely nice

here's another frame that I have. It's a little beat from the years (moving around, banging into things ect) however, it's never been used or put together. Kind of neat! I have two more frames that I'll grab some images of today

There is no indication of country the frame was made in, but the forks and seat pan say USA.

Here's a neat picture:
still somewhat in the wrapper! I had to pull it off so that "made in the USA can be seen"

Last edited:
Here's a couple that I think are also Efenel, not sure. What do you guys think? The red one is stamped "made in the USA" on the back of the seat pan, however the blue one is not stamped at all.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the correct front fork or not for the red bike. It seems a little big and the red is different.

here's another frame that I have. It's a little beat from the years (moving around, banging into things ect) however, it's never been used or put together. Kind of neat! I have two more frames that I'll grab some images of today

There is no indication of country the frame was made in, but the forks and seat pan say USA.

Here's a neat picture:
still somewhat in the wrapper! I had to pull it off so that "made in the USA can be seen"
I'm not positive, but I believe this was the "daddy" of the Efenel line that they dubbed the "Cobra". If I were you, this would be my "keeper".

I'm not positive, but I believe this was the "daddy" of the Efenel line that they dubbed the "Cobra". If I were you, this would be my "keeper".

Great info! Thank you
Also, I think you have three different models.
- Cobra (Large)
- Grand Prix (Medium)
- Lightning (Small)
I have another frame that is like the cobra, but doesn't have the rear pegs (only 2 instead of the 4 like the cobra)

This is what got me started in trying to get these back together. it's new, but someone spray painted the frame black; it was a really cool metal flake purple like the seats i have. I don't think these are the correct forks/bars for this model. But you can see its really similar to the Cobra sans 2 rear foot pegs.

I have almost an exact frame. it was identified as a Missle.
I had an ebay member message me this:
Just some info on the frames your selling, The frames were not built in the USA the frames & forks imported from Taiwan and the rest of the bikes (motors/wheels/and parts) were assembled in the US like Efenel co. and many other companies who bought and had the frames shipped to them from Taiwan. Here is some info about these frames..
Copy&Paste

Deckson, Deltek and Grand-Prix Mini Bikes
that's a cool bike...crazy how that seat hangs out in the back.....wheelie machine!!!
I'm a good 230lbs and might be a little afraid to ride it! due the angle on the shocks, as soon as I sit on it, it bottoms out. I may be a little big for it though.
I would name it the "Effen-A-Right" Bike.........:pimp:
I'm not sure what I'll be doing with this frame, I have a new green one that has passenger pegs that I think will be the show piece