Engine ID Questions and Upgrades

Hi. My Baja MB200 that I got last August also had that motor OEM. All I know is that it is a 6.5 hp Honda clone and that it works! :thumbsup:

I don't care in particular who made it hehe.
You havent had the last laugh my friend....that little 6 and 1/2 is gona get old some day or better still somebody is gona ROOST your butt at the pit and it,ll be game on, but you won't be able catch up. Then you'll wana know what cam will fit. hehe!

So I have opened this up and it def seems like the predator. It has the plastic cam in it. And I googled a few numbers I found on internals and seem they land at predator as well. I take some measurements to triple check then its time finally for some parts !!

Rato cam numbers

So I have opened this up and it def seems like the predator. It has the plastic cam in it. And I googled a few numbers I found on internals and seem they land at predator as well. I take some measurements to triple check then its time finally for some parts !!
What #s and letters are cast on to the cam gear?
Do the cam shaft bearings measure 0.558''?

The cam that came out of my Rato R210 has 1-1 PA66 and R210EPA3 It's a dual pattern with 0.214'' lift

Baja 420 suggestion

I was just making an observation here....., you've got a brand new bike, maybe 2 rides on it, the plastic bag is still on the seat and your looking to hot-rod the motor! Dude are you gona be happy with a cam and flywheel? I don't think so.
Your in the same boat as me with my Baja mb200... that's right, "Go big or go home".
The Mb200 was made for a big block, ether 390 or 420.
A 115% increase in displacement (420), 2x the horsepower right off the hop with 4x to 5x easily attainable.
The choice is clear.
When im done doin the swap on mine im gona call it the ''Baja Monster' !!!
Looking back on this suggestion and now that im well into a Baja/420 swap myself I have to say just hotrod the motor that's there......for now.
The Baja/420 swap takes planning and will take more than a weekend. the bar ahead of the rear wheel on these bikes gets in the way, the Baja mb200 looks like a big mini with its big tires but motor space is actually tight.
Still I like Baja as a platform to start with and do serious chop and bend.