Finally broke down. . . . .

and bought a doodlebug today.
anyway, i was going through the users manual and trying to figure out the correct oil to use.
it looks as though i should be using regular motor oil. is this right?
should i be putting like straight motor oil in this thing?
or am i crazy?!
if not, what should i be looking for?
thanks.

You need to buy exclusive DB30 oil.
It's only $25.95 a quart online !!!!:thumbsup:

Just joking !!!

What kind of weather conditions do you expirience?

ill admit im sort of watching for a cheap one after i saw one for the first time at the store a few weeks ago. They are smaller and cooler than i expected. Cant help ya on the oil

you can use anything W-30. 30W-30 is the best, i have 5W-30 right now, it just means i have to let it warm up more. im not sure what elce you can use but i know you can use 5,10,15,and 30W-30

5 horse, i guess regular new york weather. between like 50 and 80 degrees. usually pretty humid in the summer.
ttapa, the book says machine oil. i assume they mean motor oil.

oh good, mini bike comedians. its not that i dont appreciate good mini bike humor as much as the next guy but i really dont want to put the wrong shit in this bike. and as i have little to no mini bike experience, i was hoping we could get question and answer period out of the way first followed by a big mini bike comedy fest.

OK, you can use non-synthetic automotive motor oil.

Now what type you use is based on all known weather conditions.

So for Summer, you should use 10w-30 or SAE30

For Winter, you should use SAE 30.

oil

i use 30 wt non detergent only in all air could engines i messed up to many
small engines with 5w30,it bad enoff i cant spell,i know i will get yelled at
on the oil i use.:doah::doah::doah::scooter:

Oil 4 the Doodle

It only takes less than a quart usually so don't cheap out, oil is the life blood of an engine.

I tend to buy Castrol for my small engines.

My Grandfather (god rest him) always told me not to use Penzoil, he said "might as well piss in the crankcase" Not sure what he had against Penzoil but I never use the stuff:eek:ut:

Not really important which brand, just buy quality oil.:thumbsup:

OK, you can use non-synthetic automotive motor oil.

Now what type you use is based on all known weather conditions.

So for Summer, you should use 10w-30 or SAE30

For Winter, you should use SAE 30.
I think its backwards, I run SAE 30 in the summer and 10w-30 in the winter. Thats what I have always been told buy my Wheelhose dealer to use in my lawn tractors and I do the same in my mini,s.

When I first got mine I ran it for like 5 min. with no oil.:doah: What, I was excited. It still runs good but it makes a lot less noise with oil in it though. That motor would do 45 with a 160lb guy on it, with the 72 tooth gear.:scooter: (with a few mods)

Last edited:

fonz

My Grandfather (god rest him) always told me not to use Penzoil,
Penzoil and Quaker State used to be made from "Pennsylvania Crude", I doubt if that's true today though. Pennsylvania crude had a bad reputation for creating a paraffin wax like substance inside an engine. I saw it myself once in a motor in the early 70's. I'm guessing that's what your Grandfather had against Penzoil.

Last edited: