Fords Are Way Better Than Chevys

MarksA-C

There is an easy way to end a fanboys bitching towards you if you have a different brand truck. Goes like this....

"Chain up or shut up" :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

What happened to Ford big block engines? Nothing ever happened...they are such an inferior design in comparison to the BBC that no one but a lunatic would spend money trying to make one perform. What happened to the small block Ford engine? Nothing. Worthless to build unless a guy didn't mind starting with a 50 MPH wind in his face. The Chev small block is far better to spend money on , unless of course, a guy's mother was frightened by a SBC before he was born or he never learned to read upon being born. In which case, I suppose, it'd be OK to dump twice the loot and still go slower than the Chevy small block. However, I always believed Ford had better starters and water pumps.

Have you seen the new mustang? 5.0, twin turbo??? Something like over 600 hp stock? And then there's the 2013 gt-500. 5.4 bored to a 5.8 pushing 700. They closest thing chevy has come to that is the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 that just get 550. And you can practically buy 3 mustangs for the price of one Camaro.

I was watching Top Gear last night and they did an offroad test to see whats best.
A jeep Wrangler
A K5 Blazer
A ford Bronco

All in all the Blazer won but thats because the bronco blew a tire and the jeeps motor blew up. IMO the K5 looks the best out of the three.

Funny, a guy that came to buy my Cat250 the other day had an extended cab F-350 that he dropped a Cummins into. He even took off the power-stroke badges and put on the Cummins'!

Cummins are good motors. But there a strait 6. A power stroke is a V8. Powerstrokes have always had more displacement, hp and torque. But non the less they are both great motors.

I will never buy a Ford again (newer gas one). My Expedition self destructed after warranty (36K) heads, and after 80K (transmission,coil packs,transmission again). I never towed ANYTHING and it was babied since new.My moms expedition currently has 30K and the LSD rearend is going out, my sisters F150 the cam position sensor pickup BROKE off so now she has a check engine light and can't smog it and to fix it is a whole mess of pain to work on.

Have you tried to change the plugs/coil packs on a newer ford gas engine? crap what a chore.

It's pretty sad my brother COMMUTES in a lifted 77' chevy 4x4 longbed with a built 350, sure he gets about 10 MPG, but today he is driving 3 hours 1 way to pick up a car and tow it on the trailer 3 hours back.. He could have used my DADS f150 and saved gas, but "He does not trust it"..

All my family owns Fords.. A ford will never again set wheel in my driveway.

If I lock me down another truck it will be a Tundra, or a Dodge diesel.

The Chev small block is far better to spend money on
As my dad would say...

Anybody can build a small block chevy... But it takes a real Man to build Hemi!
:laugh:

He currently owns 4 Hemis, and is in the process of rebuilding a small 241 Red Ram... Not a very common motor...

The last time I had my truck out on a road trip was to Vegas. I had just installed a retractable bed cover. I never believed it would make a difference in the mileage but it brought it up from 20 to 22 MPG. I am not exaggerating, it blows my mind, a 3/4 ton 4x4 truck getting over 20 MPG. If I keep it at 69 MPH it is running 1900 RPM's and it seems to do best there. Now when I am towing my trailer the mileage goes to shit but that's to be expected. The new diesel trucks with the particulate filters I hear there mileage has gone to shit? Mine is a 2005 and it has none of that on there but I am sure they will figure that out soon and get the mileage back up. Till then I am not getting rid of my truck. I love it and would not trade it for any other truck on the market.

My brother has a 97, and 2 92 Dodge Cummins, he gets up to 50 miles a gallon...

Figure that one out!
Me too.I call BS on that one...15 more likely. 16-20 is all any Dodge owners have told me. Pulling trailers anywhere from 7-16 depending on load and speeds.
That's all from checking it at the pump and mileage not using the dash,that can be way off at times or if they are running a programmer.

He's definitely going down hill. :laugh: That is the best BS I've heard for a long time.
Me too.I call BS on that one...15 more likely. 16-20 is all any Dodge owners have told me. Pulling trailers anywhere from 7-16 depending on load and speeds.
That's all from checking it at the pump and mileage not using the dash,that can be way off at times or if they are running a programmer.
50 mpg of diesel... considering his truck smells like french fries!
:laugh: