Free Manifolds, welding, pipes,

Just got one of his pipes... welds not very good... shitty... my advice, pay more else where for better quaility unless your really a tight ass...
I see you are taking this to the board.

Well, if you want to start shit, make sure you have shit to throw.

I made that pipe using an ARC welder. I don't know if you've ever used an arc welder on tubing, but it's like trying to eat soup with a bayonet.

It just doesn't work.

I use MIG now, and my welds are just fine.

"im not being a jackass... i just dont like paying ANYTHING for SHIT... i could have made it cheaper... i though it was professionally made... like the one you can buy on ombw..... if i knew it was home made and this shitty i wouldn't have bought it is all im sayin..."

This is a PM he sent to me, regarding the pipe I sent to him for just the cost of shipping, for which he sent me $12. I paid $17 to ship the thing to him.

"If I send the pipe back its gunna be more than 12... so i would be losing money if i did that... guess i'll sell it to some other sucker.."

This guy is a jackass, just an internet tough guy.

Ben Maclsaac, please go die in a hole.

Last edited:
It's about an 8 or 9 and definitely a 15+ if you were using 1/16th rod on conduit,Butt welding like I was the other day:doah:. Btw my comment was directed at smoky:thumbsup:

It's about an 8 or 9 and definitely a 15+ if you were using 1/16th rod on conduit like I was the other day:doah:. Btw my comment was directed at smoky:thumbsup:
Thank you.

Now, if were using 1/8th rod, on a HF arc welder running at 90 amps on 110v power, how hard would it be?

Keep in mind I've never had a single person show me how to weld.

And yes, I know that your comment was directed at smoky.

Thank you.

Now, if were using 1/8th rod, on a HF arc welder running at 90 amps on 110v power, how hard would it be?

Keep in mind I've never had a single person show me how to weld.

And yes, I know that your comment was directed at smoky.
Hmm, 90amps is on the low side for 1/8th rod and far too thick if rod, depending on the size of the tubing = lumpy welds and holes in the tubing. For most mini bike related pipes 3/32 is pushing it, but is much easier to control over 1/16 even if you run the risk of burning holes.

Hmm, 90amps is on the low side for 1/8th rod, depending on the size of the tubing = lumpy welds and holes in the tubing. For most mini bike related pipes 3/32 is pushing it, but is much easier to control over 1/16 even if you run the risk of burning holes.
Thank you. I was welding on 7/8th .083 wall tubing.

oh haha I see you wanted some curves in your pipe....yea that 1/8 is far to thick for that, I'm surprised you got it even to stay in it's original shape:laugh:

I have a question for you, on a rating of 1-10, how hard is it to weld something round, to something round, with an arc welder?
if it has some thickness not to bad say 2 3 . but your welding handle bar pipe with a arc welder at least a 10 . if you got it to stick and not have more holes the a screen door , dam good job kid . have tryed to weld tube with a arc never again . ill bolt the dam thing

if it has some thickness not to bad say 2 3 . but your welding handle bar pipe with a arc welder at least a 10 . if you got it to stick and not have more holes the a screen door , dam good job kid . have tryed to weld tube with a arc never again . ill bolt the dam thing
Thank you.

I could be a dick and say it's "all in the wrist" but no I wont, I under stand your frustration .....it's a love afar with that dam welder for me...half the time I want the kill it:death: then i take a breather come back adjust the settings and it welds good again:censure:

And yea, if C9H13NO3 welded handle bars with 1/8" rod he should be blood well proud:thumbsup:

I could be a dick and say it's "all in the wrist" but no I wont, I under stand your frustration .....it's a love afar with that dam welder for me...half the time I want the kill it:death: then i take a breather come back adjust the settings and it welds good again:censure:
That is why I invested in a DAMMIT hammer :thumbsup:

whats a dammit hammer? sounds like I could use one:hammer:
Get a plastic deadblow hammer.

Write "Dammit" on the side in your color choice of permanent marker,

When angry, pick up the hammer, find the nearest concrete or asphalt surface, and hit it repeatedly with the hammer while screaming:

"DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!!"

I see you are taking this to the board.

Well, if you want to start shit, make sure you have shit to throw.
I made that pipe using an ARC welder. I don't know if you've ever used an arc welder on tubing, but it's like trying to soup with a bayonet.
It just doesn't work.
I use MIG now, and my welds are just fine.

"im not being a jackass... i just dont like paying ANYTHING for SHIT... i could have made it cheaper... i though it was professionally made... like the one you can buy on ombw..... if i knew it was home made and this shitty i wouldn't have bought it is all im sayin..."

This is a PM he sent to me, regarding the pipe I sent to him for just the cost of shipping, for which he sent me $12. I paid $17 to ship the thing to him.

"If I send the pipe back its gunna be more than 12... so i would be losing money if i did that... guess i'll sell it to some other sucker.."

This guy is a jackass, just an internet tough guy.
Ben Maclsaac, please go die in a hole.
reading this if funny , really it is . nate here just got himself a new toy and has said he will make pipes for some one . now i dont remember seeing where he said the he was a pro like the guys supplying OldMiniBikes ? did i miss it some place if so can some one please show me where it is :shrug:
ok so looking over at the warehouse pips on their run any where from 35.95 to 60 . so you got it for $12 ?
well sorry for $12 i dont really expect much .
and i have to agree if its that bad i want to see pics . would like to see how bad it is and what makes it so bad .

reading this if funny , really it is . nate here just got himself a new toy and has said he will make pipes for some one . now i dont remember seeing where he said the he was a pro like the guys supplying OldMiniBikes ? did i miss it some place if so can some one please show me where it is :shrug:
ok so looking over at the warehouse pips on their run any where from 35.95 to 60 . so you got it for $12 ?
well sorry for $12 i dont really expect much .
and i have to agree if its that bad i want to see pics . would like to see how bad it is and what makes it so bad .
Thank you Metal Man.