Funny Smell

After a hard run the flatheads expell a wierd, funky smell that transports you into a kind of like a internal combustion comma, does anything like this ever happened to any of you? ps: Yeah this just happened

mybiz

Probably todays gas they are putting so many different additives in our gas now days. Who knows does it smell like burnt corn?:eek:

No there's nothing painted on the engine, its like milo mentioned its like an oily and metallic smell ,every flathead has the same smell. I have ran with different fuels but its the same smell, i can tell because the ohv's have like more of a plastic smell to them. jeje Acid Flashback

Yea, I smell it to. But It comes mostly from my oil, which is weird because I have no blow by I just rebuilt my engine.

My Honda clone's oil smells the same way, but it doesn't radiate threw the block like my flat head engine :shrug:

I'm using abro oil it stinks like hell, but that's not what's causing that smell its coming from the fins, and i don't use fuel stab.

You got a cart, I thought it was on a minibike. I run accidental ran through dog :001_9898: and had it flung up in the fins on the engine on my bike before. Not fun.

mybiz

I didn't realize you were running a briggs:doah:Now I understand why its putting off a smell. :evil_laughter::evil_laughter::evil_laughter:

Actually, it is a common phenomenon. Mini bikes were originally designed to be ridden by youths. However, as we have aged our gluteus maximus have grown well beyond the intended purpose of the original mini bike seat. When these large posteriors are placed on these tiny seats, a vacuum is created which remains during the length of the ride, during which large amounts of methane gas accumulate. In this vacuum void.the gas becomes highly concentrated. Once the ride is over and the rider dismounts there is a loud suction sound as the atmosphere rushes in and then rapidly expands, carrying with it the VERY odoriferous methane gas. When this gas reaches the nasal passages, repugnance and vomiting have been reported. Hope this answers the question.

FRED