Go Bucks

Well to give the DUCK'S their day in the sun I guess Texas will just have to do. I do not follow the ball sports much but you don't want to be on the freeway from Portland, Or to Eugene, Or on a game day the fans are pure nut cases. May the best team win
Steve

maverick1

Boy has the project manager been obnoxious since last night. Woke up at 1:30 to her ironing her Ohio State shirt. I will be glad when this wears down.

Gatecrasher

Just think, under the former BCS setup the championship game would have most likely have been Alabama vs Florida St. and the winner would have been the national champ. Ohio State and Oregon would both be on the outside looking in.

The best part about this year was to watch all the ESPN talking heads and SEC windbags have to eat their words. All we've heard for the past few years is how great the SEC is and how weak the Big 10 is. Anyone still buying that BS?

Heck most of Ohio State's Big 10 opponents gave the Buckeyes a tougher time than Alabama or Oregon did. A sanction crippled Penn State took the Buckeyes to double overtime!

The Buckeyes outclassed the Ducks. Total physical domination on both sides of the ball.

Opponents that gave Ohio State a tougher time this year were:

• Navy
  • Virginia Tech
  • Penn State
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Indiana
  • Michigan

The Big Ten really shined in the big bowls this year.

The team I feel sorry for though is TCU. They should have been in the final four and were totally ripped-off. TCU proved they were more deserving than Alabama as they proceeded to destroy Ole Miss (the only team to beat Alabama in the regular season) in the Peach Bowl 42-3. TCU would have been a far better match-up against Ohio State than either Alabama or Oregon or Florida State.

Michigan State knocked off Baylor in the Cotton Bowl, the only other notable team that was left out of the final four.

So basically TCU was the only team that got the shaft this year. Still the new championship format is a vast improvement over the BCS system.

Last edited:

buckeye

Great perspective.
Living in SEC country and have tried to watch as little Secespn, I sure was glad of the outcome.

Agree, with you. TCU instead of Bama may have been a different outcome. Bama was obviously over rated as well as most of the SECheat.
Go Bucks!

maverick1

Great perspective.
Living in SEC country and have tried to watch as little Secespn, I sure was glad of the outcome.

Agree, with you. TCU instead of Bama may have been a different outcome. Bama was obviously over rated as well as most of the SECheat.
Go Bucks!
Right there with you. I am not a fan of the Gators and the SEC. SEC fans in Florida are a pretty obnoxious bunch. I put in perspective with a couple I work with and I shut them up. Asked them how it felt to have a 3rd string qb take down the best the SEC had to offer.

maverick1

That is going to be a very interesting qb situation next year. With the ttype of shoulder injury Braxton has do you think there is going to be a durability issue with him?

buckeye

If it was fixed right, his shoulder should be good.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved to some tye of reciever or H back kind of guy.
He isn't a NFL QB.
Tough situation to have huh?