Go kart Identification Needed

Nova

I just bought a go kart from a neighbor that he has had hanging in his garage for about 10 years! He had no idea what make it was. It has a fiberglass body and rear disc brakes. Does anybody have any idea what make it is? Thanks Joe

I would guess that it was homemade the use of square tubing was never what kart manufactures used. The tube that the rear axle went through are unique but the rest looks homemade. But that shouldn't stop the fun times that can be had one the kart. Put on a 5HP engine and go for it. Steve :scooter:

Nova

I dont think it is homemade as there is a vin number or a serial number rivetted to the frame next to the motor mount. It says KCRGBP9600. I have a 8hp briggs that im gonna slap on.

I may be mistaken..........
but I used to have a Old Ken-Bar kart that had a frame stamped Id # that started with kc######

It was a Square tubing frame but didnt have a Body.

The Company is still in business. Maybe you can give them a shout and see if that # is one of theirs.
http://www.kenbargokarts.com/

Well one thing is the brake it looks like a Martin twin piston caliper and the slotted disc and hub are recent upgrades for this kart and good brakes will be needed for a 8 HP engine. Steve :scooter: