Good tools and rotten kids

korndog

Well, I found a lost wrench in the garden that my 4 year old "borrowed". You guys think I can salvage this wrench? I've had it for 25 years and wouldn't mind keeping it a while longer. Amazing I have any of my old Snap-On tools left at all.

MikeBear

Buy them a small tool kit of cheap tools for themselves. Teach them how to take care of them, and hope for the best. (Good luck...)

Buy for yourself, a lock, and lock your tools up!

korndog

The ultrasonic cleaner sounds cool. Thanks guys; my boy just loves tools and seems to gravitate towards the good ones. Forget toy tools; I guess I'll pick him up some real ones from HF.

The ultrasonic cleaner sounds cool. Thanks guys; my boy just loves tools and seems to gravitate towards the good ones. Forget toy tools; I guess I'll pick him up some real ones from HF.
They had a 139pc tool set that looked like a great beginners set, cant find the flyer but it was'nt much $!:thumbsup:

danc9

Where is my 9/16 inch wrench?

I left my Dad's tools out in the yard more times than I can count. WD40 and wipe it off, give it to your four year old eight years from now, and when he is your age the patina will be worth more than gold! I still use those tools to this day.

DAN

korndog

Well, the ratchets are spinning again after a night in the juice. So all seems ok again. btw, when I say rotten kids, I mean it in the most loving way. I have six kids and wouldn't trade them for all the tools in the world. Well, maybe one or two of them...:wink:

I once heard a buddy from work tell his boys (who were little at the time) "When you grow up and have your own house and tools I'm gonna come over, grab a big ol' double-handful and pitch 'em out in the yard. You can find 'em like I do -with the lawnmower!"

the best gift I ever got for Christmas was my first set of tools :smile: , from Santa of-course.. i did the same as your son, hiding screwdrivers in the garden from time to time, then i eventually graduated to "fixing" the photocopier, which resulted in a nice broken smoking photocopier :doah: . that christmas i was disappointed i got the tools, but then i realized how valuable they were to me. get him a good set of craftsmen tools when he's 10 or so, if he breaks em bring them in and get a new one.

A friend of mine who was in the military had 3 kids that one day got into BMX bikes-from then on tools disapeared and had two fates MIA'd and if found broken "BMXed"-buy two tool boxes-"Dad's" the one with the lock on it.
Kids will be kids:001_tt2: