Goodbye Mustang, R.I.P.

MiniBike Paul

In 2006 I bought my Mustang - my "bad boy" was a GT, I took all the unnecessary trim off, slammed it with Eibach struts and shocks, and blacked the windows. For 6 years I have loved that car!!

Day before yesterday, something shorted out way up under the dash on the passenger side, and it caught fire and was pretty bad. The fire dept sent about 10 guys all hell bent on doing as much more damage as they could! They took a crowbar to the dash and then a sawzall to everything in sight; in short, it is probably a total, I find out for sure in the next few days!

Today I realize that I am REALLY sad about this! For love, and money, I wanted another year out of it - the plan was to next year get the new Mustang that is coming with the blown 650hp motor!

Then there is the insurance thing! For years I have paid for the 30/30 rental car plan - that is, they will give me $30 a day for 30 days towards a rental car. So, yesterday they tell me that by this monday they will tell me if they are totaling it, and if they do, my rental car only lasts a few days after that, less than a week total time (so much for 30/30!) so I must get something to drive quickly! What a typical crock of s:censure:, it is hard for me to understand why a society sets itself up to poop on itself!

And I am very nervous about what they will pay me off for the car; I bet everyone reading this would agree that they will find ways to screw me and the final amount will not be what it would really cost to replace my car! Terrible!

Goodbye Mustang, you were sure a great ride, RIP!

toomanytoys

I can say I've never had a car catch on fire....

But anyways, Look around your area for cars simliar mileage, options, ect and they will base the price they pay you on that average. At least thats how geico did for me. And I was llucky because I paid 4k less for the car then they gave me.

MBP,

Sorry to hear about the car. At least you were not hurt. Cars and insurance companies are what we have to deal with to drive. I know you loved that car and so did I. However, when all the dust settles we just do not know, you may end up with something better?

I watched ER last night. It scared the heck out of me and I do not scare easily.

RIP Miss Mustang. We had some good times!

TT :eek:ut:

45t

Sorry to hear about the stang.

Yep, unfortunatley Insurance Companies can really screw you for your dedicated years of service. They really only protect themselves and you get hosed when you file a claim. Good luck, I hope it turns out to your benefit.

I'm thinking after the insurance company helps you out you'll have a brand new Geo!

Maybe you can build that thing up???

Sorry for your loss, I hate what companies have become!
Why the hell did they tear up your car with all those tools, water or foam isn't good enuf???

bandit 40

I'm thinking after the insurance company helps you out you'll have a brand new Geo!

Maybe you can build that thing up???

Sorry for your loss, I hate what companies have become!
Why the hell did they tear up your car with all those tools, water or foam isn't good enuf???
My guess would be to save as much as possible.. .that does bite, sorry to hear your stang is gone MBP,:no::doah:

Last edited:
I arrived last September late Friday so I did a drive by looking for Paul's shop and the Black Mustang was there so I just knew that was where his shop was. I was there early Saturday mourning when Paul and Neck came to the shop to set up for Sunday Funday #2 and sure enough the Mustang was Paul's. After all what else would a very cool guy like Paul drive but a H P Ford. Just took a look at the 2013 Mustang GT 500 with that 650 HP motor. I think I would drive a Yugo until they bring out that Mustang. Might be Lotto money crazy but Oh so cool and the sound from that motor will be assume.
FORD POWER RULES THE ROAD AND THE TRACK
Steve :scooter:

MikeBear

In 2006 I bought my Mustang - my "bad boy" was a GT, I took all the unnecessary trim off, slammed it with Eibach struts and shocks, and blacked the windows. For 6 years I have loved that car!!

Day before yesterday, something shorted out way up under the dash on the passenger side, and it caught fire and was pretty bad. The fire dept sent about 10 guys all hell bent on doing as much more damage as they could! They took a crowbar to the dash and then a sawzall to everything in sight; in short, it is probably a total, I find out for sure in the next few days!

Today I realize that I am REALLY sad about this! For love, and money, I wanted another year out of it - the plan was to next year get the new Mustang that is coming with the blown 650hp motor!

Then there is the insurance thing! For years I have paid for the 30/30 rental car plan - that is, they will give me $30 a day for 30 days towards a rental car. So, yesterday they tell me that by this monday they will tell me if they are totaling it, and if they do, my rental car only lasts a few days after that, less than a week total time (so much for 30/30!) so I must get something to drive quickly! What a typical crock of s:censure:, it is hard for me to understand why a society sets itself up to poop on itself!

And I am very nervous about what they will pay me off for the car; I bet everyone reading this would agree that they will find ways to screw me and the final amount will not be what it would really cost to replace my car! Terrible!

Goodbye Mustang, you were sure a great ride, RIP!
Change your insurance company after you get your settlement! Oh, and you can negotiate that settlement, you are not forced to take their first offer. It might take a lawyer to do that though.

I had my insurance company for nearly 20 years, (State Farm) then had 1 claim that only cost them around $1,500. They then trippled my insurance bill, for sucky terrible coverage that they lowered from my original! I changed to Liberty Mutual, and my rates went down 3x. for 3 times the coverage!