Got me a free motor

Today was a good day, a neighbor that see's me riding my minibikes around gave me a worn out pressure washer with a good condition Honda GC160 motor on it. So I am mounting it on my Thunderbird, but this minibike must have made only for a Briggs because we are at a tug a war for space with very little compromise. The front mount muffler is out and i'm thinking of a muffler that loops around to the left side and toward the back. dumped the gas tank since the Thunderbird has a frame mounted one and will rig up a different air cleaner since that wouldn't fit either. I painted the recoil Krylon pumkin orange but doesn't match the frame so need to look for my orignal orange. And since this project got me excited my Rupp C250 has been put on the back burner for awhile.

buckeye

Are ya oing some frame bracing? I put a 5 Briggs on mine and kept popping the chain from the flex.
Add that to the, Lets see your modified Thunderbird thread.
That is a nice one!
And free is always good.

thanks buckeye I wasn't planning on modiflying the frame but believe this thing is going to fly when it's done . This is actually my third Honda motor and they are great motors with alot of power. I have one I need to replace the rings on only because my youngest son could tear up a block of steel if you gave him enough time so the Honda was little challange to him. :scooter:

buckeye

You might want to think about the torque and the frame flexing. It was suggested to me and didn't brace the frame. They were right. Needed bracing.
Look how zeeman and Bill Ellerby did theirs. Just a thought.

I picture an exhaust running down alongside the downtube, under the engine and out the right side. Maybe a downturn like side pipes.

i like the orange color scheme on it, when i had the briiggs on there the recoil cover was also orange but the motor was flat black, may do that with the honda motor as it brings out the orange. i didn't like the pumkin orange recoil cover so repainted it chevy orange today, now i want to redo the frame . hope to be done with it by this weekend except for the exhaust :scooter:

Shipping is more than the pipe costs on that muffler. The bends on that pipe are for a honda CT70 clone which is a horizontal engine with the exhaust port out of the side of the engine.