GX160 or Predator big valve head

My buddy has one of the predator big valve heads he wants to trade me for my gx160 head. Is this worth the trade? I currently am using the gx160 for higher compression. Will the valve train all transfer over, springs, push rods?

Thank you
SJ

Dowel holes in a predator head are larger than a 196cc clone which means your head gasket won't work and the head will not be located very good with your dowels. Everything else is OK. Do you have a cam that will take advantage of the bigger valves as well as a bigger carb? If not you are probably better off with he head you have being the higher compression will give you more bang for the buck with a basically stock motor.

Dowel holes in a predator head are larger than a 196cc clone which means your head gasket won't work and the head will not be located very good with your dowels. Everything else is OK. Do you have a cam that will take advantage of the bigger valves as well as a bigger carb? If not you are probably better off with he head you have being the higher compression will give you more bang for the buck with a basically stock motor.
Is there a way to fix the dowels?

I have the .265 duration 235/235 cam but plan on going bigger. Engine is fed with a Walbro PZ26.

you will need the pushrodshorse rides are longer on the new Big valve hemi motor. that is what you are talking about the new style motor. just the other day I was talking to somebody very knowledgeable Solo Cali. Brian from F&B. Said that head will need work for cams over 290.

The dowels are the same in that head as a 196cc engine, the older Predator has bigger and they are in different locations. The Hemi makes more top end power and has a 27mm 25mm valve stock.

You said your 160 head has all the goodies? Stainless valves, 26lbs springs, and trick keepers? None of that will work in the new head. You will need pushrods from the predator. They are longer. You have a tricked out GX160 head. Most people would kill to have your head.
New style predator head is great also but now you have to trick it out with new parts unless you feel good running it stock.