harbor freight 6.5 clones.

cncd11

whats the difference with the new clone engines, i recently went to go buy one but they look different now are they the same just exterior cosmetic changes? or are they internally different?

here is what the new one looks like.

OldMan

Probably some west-coast-driven changes... the breather and gas tank are different... I suspect they are the same high-quality on the inside! :thumbsup:

they had to change the appearance because of pressure from Honda. i've read that they're the same internally but i've also read that some things are different. there was a thread at Bob's that mentioned some of the things that were supposedly changed.

whats the difference with the new clone engines, i recently went to go buy one but they look different now are they the same just exterior cosmetic changes? or are they internally different?

here is what the new one looks like.

dont know the difference but advice we got was to go w/ 66015. they look alike but i think the 66014 has a taller tank. there's comparison pics on here posted by cjtmini.

even if there are differences the 66015 (if that's the one u got) hauls as.

vette66_00

The new ones in California are EPA/CARB approved. They have PCV system and also have a small Catalytic converter on the exhaust. Carbs are the same so you can remove all the crap. Also just to note the gas tank is a bit higher so if is barley fit with the old style you will have to buy a HONDA old style gas cap to make it fit. I just pulled the Black Plastic from around the top and it fit fine (see gas cap in pic).

Sku #66015 6.5 hp hor. Engine-epa only

I got one of these 66015 at end of March from Harbor Freight. It is EPA only. I used 3/8 inch motor mount/adapter and clearance is tight, but OK.

:scooter:

Probably doubtful but i'll ask anyway.If one wanted to change these new look engines to the old style look,could they do so using Honda parts? I said probably doubtful due to bolt up.What do you think?

DB-30
HF #66105 (Greyhound) 6.5 OHV 4stroke EPA

- governor removed (internal/external)
- low oil sensor removed
- Max Torque clutch #4-455
- Sprockets: front 12; rear 70
- UNI high flow air filter / AGK filter adapter
- AGK high flow straight header, two stage w/ muffler
- Rejet: Honda #92 main jet & GX140 emulsion tube
- ARC Billet Rod & Bearings
- Honda Aluminum Flywheel (4* advanced)
- Honda 18lb valve springs
- UNI valve cover - breather filter

Last edited:
The California Government has got it's hands in everything here. I bought a new extra one a long time ago, and they were just changing over and it shipped to California non-smog anyway>?

My friend went to buy a Generator at Home Depot and found out the Honda 3000, California edition, is still not out and conforming. Generator's and Mini Bikes at Pep Boys are going to be a thing of the past like 2 stroke outboards.

Give California a pen and begin to slowly see your rights being taken away. Spay and Nueter laws also are getting worse. Now, I saw a law pending that says; "if you say something hateful you go to jail, and they are fighting this as the 1st. amendment right to speek freely.

Back to topic. The old gas tank should fit. Try it. Internally, they are still just copies of the Japaneese 'Honda' engines, because China does not recognize US patents and copyright laws at all. They copy it, sell it and profit. They do not care. Americans beware things are changing for the worse. If I can quote JimH>? Nobody has the balls and everybody pusses out when it comes to protecting our American freedom. Buy guns, stay in shape, the increasing negative pressure, will show I am right. It's plain old BS and it will destroy our country, if Americans don't keep OUR "Country" right side up....

TT :censure:

I'm to lazy to search so I'll just ask.Can you use the 20% off coupon on an "on sale" HF 6.5? If so,damn I would have a great price.I got a flyer Friday,the 6.5 is 109.00.If they take the 20% on top of that,would be awesome....