Harbor Freight 6.5 Engines Back on Sale!!

Do you know,is there supposed to be mounting bolts supplied along with this engine? If not,what are the proper bolts/nuts to use? Thanks...

Tim

This coupon came out of our local paper in Eugene, Oregon. These coupons have been posted before and simply printed and used. In regards to mounting bolts, mine did not come with them.

Hi,
I just got this engine.I also got a comet 12 tooth clutch.My question is,what do I need specifically for parts to go with the clutch.You know,to keep it from sliding/moving on the shaft?

You should have a slotted shaft. Put your shaft key in the slot. Then line up the slot on the clutch and gently slide or tap it on. Tighten down the set screw on the clutch. Your in business!:scooter:

if there's a threaded hole in the end of the shaft, get a bolt and washer to help hold it on. you need a washer that's a bit bigger than the diameter of the clutch.

You should have a slotted shaft. Put your shaft key in the slot. Then line up the slot on the clutch and gently slide or tap it on. Tighten down the set screw on the clutch. Your in business!:scooter:
Ok great,Thanks Neil&DJ.Yea my clutch slides right on the shaft.I just couldn't figure out what kept it in place.After reading your post,then re-looking at my clutch,I now see a little hole at the back of the clutch.This must be the set screw,your talking of.It sure looks awful small though.

Thanks Again. Tim

if there's a threaded hole in the end of the shaft, get a bolt and washer to help hold it on. you need a washer that's a bit bigger than the diameter of the clutch.
Yes there is a threaded hole.Now that seems better than just tightening the set screw alone.Thanks so much Strigoi.:smile: