Harley Minibike X-90

tomsprops

I've always wanted one of these ! But I coudn't ever find one worth doing.Watching X-90's post only made it worst ! His Bobber and other bike's are so nice . I've alway's have had a Harley over the past 27 years and couldn't belive it when I saw a X-90 pop up last nite on CL. There was no photo in the ad so I went to see it first thing this morning. The owner did'nt know if it ran or not so I took my chances. After a quick wipe down,some oil and fresh gas. It started right up ! It has only 932 miles and seems very original ? I'll have to wait till X-90 gives me his opinion,seeing how he's our expert on these !

tomsprops

I think the Tank has been painted or powder coated. The rims might have been restored too. It's hard to tell they did such a nice job. Most everything else looks to be original . I don't know enough about these to tell what's right or wrong about it. I can tell you it runs like a top and I didn't pay SQUAT for it ! Now I need to make some room to get the guy's Indian Racer next !

Indian Racer ?? Tell me about it please. As you know I was a Indian Dealer when I had the store in Long Beach and the young man I sponsored Todd Peterson was on the Indian race team with Jeff Ward , Flying Mike Brown , Shad and Terry McQueen all back in 1973.
Steve :scooter:

Tom,

The bike looks great. :thumbsup: It is worth $1500-$2500 as is, and I would lean towards the higher price since it runs.
From the photos, I think that someone started to restore the bike, but gave up and just put it back together.
1. There is no paint on the coil bracket or the cylinder head engine mounts and they should be painted black to match the frame.
2. The top of the triple tree is smooth painted and it should be a black wrinkle finish.
3. The side cases on the engine are supposed to be black wrinkle finish.(The engine paint is available from any Harley dealer.)
4. The air cleaner is upside down. Look at the outside of the housing and turn the housing until the little vent hole is facing down.
5. What is the finish on the rims? Most people paint or powder them silver but they are supposed to be zinc plated.
6. The seat is not correct for the bike. It may just be the incorrect seat cover.
7. The taillight lense should not have the chrome trim ring.
8. The rear brake rod and all of the small hardware parts should be zinc plated.

Overall, I think that you found a jewel. Get a hold of a service manual and a parts book. Here are some links for parts. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/911-what.html

If you need help or any info, just let me know.

I'm jealous!! It's a 93 or 94 which makes it a true X-90. The 92 65cc did not have the oil injection. The fuel was mixed in the tank. The lack of an oil injection tank is the easiest way to id the 65's. The oil injection system was so poor, many people disable them and leave the tank in place simply for id purposes
The 93 and 94 are easy to tell apart, in stock paint, as the 93 had the AMF stripes laid over the tank and the 94 had a stylized Harley logo. Since original decals are so easy to acquire and the logo on your tank is the more like the 94's, I'd guess that's what it is. It's easy enough to id by the serial number. The last two characters will be either H3 or H4. The digit indicates the year, (3-73, 4-74). If that's not enough trivia from someone who has owned a couple of them, (none ever looked that good), I'm sure X-90 rider can give you a whole lot more.

tomsprops

Thanks for the info, I gotta look into the disabling of the injector. I think I would rather pre mix my fuel. Today's oils are alot more efficent than the 70's. I rode it around today and it was smoking quiet a bit ,But it was also dripping oil from the exhaust. Which leads me to think the fuel/oil ratio is off. I'm really happy with it and have begun the process of looking for parts.Those sticker on the tank peeled right off. Now I'm looking for the correct ones. X-90 has sent me a few pointers already ! So the party has begun !