Have to share

vette66_00

Ok so my wife has been doing editing of articles from India. She takes non-sense typing blog type posts and rewrites, edits and over all make them sound American. She recently just got really frustrated again over the 30th rewrite yesterday and did this in Photoshop and sent it back. No replies as of this post, I think they just didn't get it.

oldfatguy

yeah, I can imagine a bunch of them dopes sitting around going , WTF ????? WTF ?????
what dat mean ?????? why she say dat ?????? what dat mean ??????

vette66_00

Yes she gets paid for it in fact alot. The company she works for hires Indian writers or a company of writers to write the content. This was more of a joke when she sent it to the head writer in India that is actually a US born German guy.

Its a constant complaint that hours of rewriting is being done for their shoty writing and a little humors at times. I guess you get what you pay for. The editors have found things like "bomb the Taliban" totally out of context and in the middle of a paragraph.

Oldsalt

I have a ...well come to think about it I'd have to say... a Pen Pal that lives in Northern India. His English [grammar, punctuation, phraseology, and all that stuff] is Excellent! No English speaking people in his family; purely a second language learned in SCHOOL. He is 20 years old and could teach English in our public schools [judging by what I see coming out of our schools and the posts on the OldMiniBikes Forum]. But as he doesn't know anything about Ebonics and pidgin Spanish he would never make a teacher it at an enlightened American school.

Dito a guy in Brazil that I communicate with re: his son races a CR125 and he has trouble getting some parts in his country. Better English than mine [that, of course, damns him with faint praise] and he has never been associated with anyone that spoke English other than a teacher. But his teachers were real dunces, in the eyes of many in our school systems, because they didn't even know how to text ghetto fashion and would not communicate very well in the USA.