Heald - Ron & Scott Kimball - Powertec

It is with sadness that I need to inform our community that Ron and Scott Kimball - owners of Powertec will be closing their doors within the next few weeks. I have been blessed to have known them for these last 12 years and have spent countless hours just sitting there and talking to them, after looking for an excuse to just stop by for a single part. To enter their shop was like a sanctuary for me from times gone past - where you were instantly made to feel as if you are an old friend and where a man's handshake is his word. In this day and age it doesn't get much better than that - which is what I teach my students within my profession. The ending of this adventure for the both of them does not make them happy - this has been a partnership of mutual respect between a father and son who were able to spend quality time together - day in and day out. To those of you who have had the privilege of talking to either of them and after reading the kind words and history of Ron Kimball and Heald which have graced these forums - lets wish them the very best as they move on. I can sincerely say - that to have met and spent time with them has been a gift and it is an honor to call them my friends - You will both be greatly missed !

NOOO!!!

I wish them all the best ... Ron was a man above men to deal with.
Anyone who has ever talked to and ordered parts from them knows what I mean.

What will become of their cash of parts ...

Unfortunately there is really nothing left - they provided everything they could to the devotee's to the Heald Broncs - but like many old school businesses, there was no way they could monetarily keep up during these times. They were spending much more to stay open than they were ever bringing in. They truly tried to stay open as long as they could for their customers and friends - knowing full well they were losing alot of money each month they stayed open. It's really a shame this had to happen, another era to disappear !

I am going over to power Tec Friday and Ron is going to make me a package deal. Not sure yet what is all included. I asked about forms and jigs and prints. He said to bring the truck so I will keep you up to date. I plan on trying to help and keep the healds alive and going. It was very sad to hear this news but Ron and I have talked about This day for a couple years now. Ron will be updating the web site with info of were to go for parts so this will help everyone out too. Just to be able to sit and talk to Ron and Scott has been a privilege. I will try my best to help out in anyway I can.

Wow. This is a shot through the heart. Our community will be losing one of the greatest shops in minibike history. I will miss them intensley.

Doc

They have been a unrivaled source of parts and information for years. Always willing to go the extra mile to help. To say they will be missed is an understatement. THANK YOU SCOTT AND RON!

Ron Kimball is an ICON in the industry and a LIVING LEGEND. He has helped so many people so graciously and willingly for so long. He truly seemed to ENJOY doing that. I encourage my OldMiniBikes brothers and sisters to do as I did today and pick up a phone and call him and thank him for his devotion to his profession and helping us to enjoy our hobby. You can reach him at 800-535-9529
Sidebar comment: I cannot think of a better and more appropriate individual to carry on Ron and Scott's legacy- Rick Chatten (Thank you Rick!)
Michael

I am going over to power Tec Friday and Ron is going to make me a package deal. Not sure yet what is all included. I asked about forms and jigs and prints. He said to bring the truck so I will keep you up to date. I plan on trying to help and keep the healds alive and going. It was very sad to hear this news but Ron and I have talked about This day for a couple years now. Ron will be updating the web site with info of were to go for parts so this will help everyone out too. Just to be able to sit and talk to Ron and Scott has been a privilege. I will try my best to help out in anyway I can.
All I can say is "wow" I truly enjoyed speaking with him..
Rick, Thank you for being involved in this and helping to "preserve" this brand and keep the Heald brand going...

I can imagine, so I will be the first to inquire...do you have any plan to make the bikes again? If you do I certainly would like to get one for myself!

I can imagine, so I will be the first to inquire...do you have any plan to make the bikes again? If you do I certainly would like to get one for myself![ we have been talking about it for a while. Me and a couple friends have had the idea. I want to get Ron's okay first on this idea.

Sidebar comment: I cannot think of a better and more appropriate individual to carry on Ron and Scott's legacy- Rick Chatten (Thank you Rick!) Michael
That is what I have been thinking. When I think of OldMiniBikes members who have quietly contributed so much, with so much talent, it is Rick Chatten that comes to mind. As sad as it is they're closing their doors, I can't think of anyone more qualified to open them back up.

That is what I have been thinking. When I think of OldMiniBikes members who have quietly contributed so much, with so much talent, it is Rick Chatten that comes to mind. As sad as it is they're closing their doors, I can't think of anyone more qualified to open them back up.
X2....well said Dave...:thumbsup:

Curious Rick, how did you visit with Ron and Scott go? I'm new to the Super Bronc family but have gotten bit by the bug and just picked my second one up yesterday...