Help needed, Mikuni carb on Briggs Animal

Hi guys, I have a Mikuni VM28 flatslide that will be going on a Briggs animal that will be modified with a 310 dur cam and higher compression. It has the stock jets in it. Are these going to be ok or should I change them out?
main=180, pilot=15, it will be on gas and later on would like to go to alky. Thanks

On a stock block briggs animal you should be using a 22
That big flatslide is probably just going to bog

Last edited:
Shadow is so right , you would have to have a open motor to even think about it .
A 24mm would have been a better choice . My brother has a NR racing super limited mod GX 200 honda with a 24 flat slide and its jetted with a 140 main and 20 pilot and its perfect .So a 180 in that 28 thats huge , good luck .

Shadow is so right , you would have to have a open motor to even think about it .
A 24mm would have been a better choice . My brother has a NR racing super limited mod GX 200 honda with a 24 flat slide and its jetted with a 140 main and 20 pilot and its perfect .So a 180 in that 28 thats huge , good luck .
I do agree with some of this but I have read many posts about smaller cc engines running them, ie the GY6 150cc scooter engine. The price for the TM28 was too good not to try it. I have it and will experiment with it and maybe some day I can help someone else. I will keep these numbers in mind when I try to tune mine. Thanks