Help valuing this Heath Super Bronc

capguncowboy

While I can't give you a value, I can give you some advice.

Start low -- ridiculously low during your negotiating. Don't try to beat them up on the price until they're in front of the bike though. A lot of guys get offended if you try to haggle over the phone without seeing the bike. You can always go up on your negotiation, but you can't go back down.

It'll also give you a feel for what they're willing to accept as far as price. Here's the real catch though, if you sense they are offended, you have to be able to play it off like you were kidding. I've gotten good at this over the years, and I've had to use it a couple of times.

If he has this listed in the $500 range, then I'd offer him $250 and go from there. If it's in the 600-700 range, then I'd offer him $350 as a jumping off point.

Good luck!

Yeah you want to pay as little as possible, it is a nice one for sure. Start by asking what the bottom dollar is and if you think it's fair then go for it. You can get comps here from for sale threads but prices change as do values, use the search feature for Super Bronc for sale threads and you'll find they vary wildly. See if they sold and you can get a baseline.

MikeBear

First rule when buying something:

1: The FIRST person to mention a price LOSES!

He's the seller, MAKE him give you a price. Depending on what it is, you can decide on whether to buy, or laugh and walk away because he's crazy. If he pulls that crap "Make an offer", tell him you can't be BOTH the seller AND the buyer and then shut up.

jeep4me

Offering him a low, low price could turn him off to selling to you.
Definitely have him give the starting price. You might end up walking away empty handed if you insult him with a low ball offer.
Good luck.

Just buy it. If you can afford to that is. Price really only matters if you are flipping it. The cost of fun over time is worth more than he could possibly be asking for it.:scooter:

Just buy it. If you can afford to that is. Price really only matters if you are flipping it. The cost of fun over time is worth more than he could possibly be asking for it.:scooter:
what he said. what's a few bucks when you run the
risk of someone else buying it out from under you.

The price is....

HI Guys,

Thanks very much. I am on the fence on this one. It seems that this one is a survivor and has a muffler/tailpipe that I have not seen before. I am guessing original? It is not electric start and not VT-1012 it is the 812...

The ask from him came to 1200, and I am confident I can get it for 1000. I have seen them higher but mostly lower.

Am i crazy? I don't know how long I will keep it because I have not ridden one in 30 years :)

Thank you for the help.

Craig

That is a beautiful bike.

I'd try to get him way down on that price....he may be asking one price, but he may take half that.

Please start low...you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you like riding mini bike's at all....once you ride this bike, and learn of it's superb handling, and learn to respect it's power...you'll have a rider for a lifetime !

That is a beautiful bike.

I'd try to get him way down on that price....he may be asking one price, but he may take half that.

Please start low...you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If you like riding mini bike's at all....once you ride this bike, and learn of it's superb handling, and learn to respect it's power...you'll have a rider for a lifetime !
I guess this one is bottom line of 1,000, as he paid more for that as he had never found such a complete one in survivor mode in 5 years of looking.

I am struggling with how important survivor vs. restored is. I imagine if I had been trading in these things for years, the survivor might be more important, but.. I also don't have time for a project at the moment.

Thanks for all the sage advice.

Craig

There are plenty around. Survivor or restored as long as you can ride it then it doesn't matter. For that price it has to be ready to go and not need anything. You can paint or customize later... I don't know how often they come available near you. That may also be a factor.

There are plenty around. Survivor or restored as long as you can ride it then it doesn't matter. For that price it has to be ready to go and not need anything. You can paint or customize later... I don't know how often they come available near you. That may also be a factor.
It is by no means perfect and he has not run it in a year or two. it is about 4 hours away, so there are not many near me.

I would like to get a very nice one and I don't have time to restore one at the moment, so I guess I should be patient and wait. But I want the boys to ride this this this summer (and me too!)

So if anyone wants to part with an awesome SuperBronc ideally VT1012, I am here WTB!

Thanks

Craig