Help with Briggs 5hp I/C, carb and remote fuel tank

went out to mock the intake and parts up... the ec bolts up to the block as expected... i didnt expect the black clone intake to bolt up to the ec... but it did and the bore is close enough on both... the issue is the angle, the carb if left like this would be tilted awkwardly... thinking about cutting the black intake as taped and using curved hose to change the angle back properly or straight hose, whichever works the best for the position... the carb has a rubber oring style gasket on its mounting flange, should another gasket be used, or this is enough/standard for this carb)?

thanks for all the help, thus far...

That looks pretty good.. :laugh: You might wanna build ya some kind of bracket to help keep the carb in place but it should work..
thanks... i also cut a longer straight hose... i made the template for brackets, but want to make the exhaust first, so i can try and make it a clean install.. the hose i bought is reinforced and the carb doesnt move unless by force... but will go through with the brackets anyway...

can i leave the governor arm intact, or does it need to be removed right away (before firing the bike)? I saw the thread on its removal, but i am trying not to go into the motor right this second... that will turn into another $1000 project... i need to let the smoke clear a bit on some of this... and finish my other projects... but would like to get this to running condition...

Removing the governor arm is no biggy, but you do not want it just flapping around in the motor.... that can cause some serious issues..... not that it necesarrily will but it definitely can..