Hodaka Bonanza

Midyrman

Shipping to get off the island in Hawaii is about 3 bills. That does not include the cost to crate it. That gets the bike to LA, Calif.

The rest is up to you and your situation.

But yes, a nice looking Hodaka.

I had a Hodaka 100 dirt bike,with the big chrome toaster tank.I would say it would run about 45 mph,and it was tached to the max.Huge rear sprocket too.It could climb a telephone pole.

markus

I think that's the clutch cable and it bows out pretty far in the front picture.

I'm wondering what kind of tachometer he's got and where he got it from...

It looks like one of these:

I had got that one in the pic from certified parts corporation years ago, I cant remember the manufacturer name offhand but they had a head temp gauge and a volts or alt meter in the same type housing as well. They had this neat bolt on center bar for the handlebars that they could mount to....this was late 60's-70's stuff. I think Bridgestone/Rockford was the one back in the day selling them as an option and thats why certified has/had them. they are on ebay off an on still, "swapmeetman" usually has them. he has a lot of stock that certified seemed to carry.

Oh yea, they are not very accurate and when you are screaming down the road the tiny screws work loose and the chrome part of the houseing goes flying off into a ditch on the side of the road........or at least that was the case with mine :laugh:

I had got that one in the pic from certified parts corporation years ago, I cant remember the manufacturer name offhand but they had a head temp gauge and a volts or alt meter in the same type housing as well. They had this neat bolt on center bar for the handlebars that they could mount to....this was late 60's-70's stuff. I think Bridgestone/Rockford was the one back in the day selling them as an option and thats why certified has/had them. they are on ebay off an on still, "swapmeetman" usually has them. he has a lot of stock that certified seemed to carry.

Oh yea, they are not very accurate and when you are screaming down the road the tiny screws work loose and the chrome part of the houseing goes flying off into a ditch on the side of the road........or at least that was the case with mine :laugh:
I think your right & since this is the CL & eBay section I'll post what I found:
Go Kart Minibike Motorcycle 2 Cycle Tach Tachometer | eBay

I will say I bought a tach about a year ago for close to that amount and it works with 2 & 4 stroke engines.

Last edited:

markus

Markus, what is the key for in the head light. Kill switch? If so I think that super cool. Lol

yea that was on there when I got the bike, it was a just a mower style keyswitch someone installed in the headlight bucket. Problem I had with it was I would always to turn it to "off" even if I used the kill button, but I NEVER remembered to turn it back to "on". Would take me about 10-15 kicks and alot of explicit mumbling before I realized the key was off :doah:

6doggie3

Who ever is bidding on this one should be asking some questions for that price?
Engine code, exhaust pipe does not look original etc etc?