Honda Aluminum Flywheel.. this work?

125ccCrazy

no you need a flywheel from a gxv 160 (lawnmower) flywheel... But for what a new alum Honda flywheel cost you can buy a billet ARC for the same or cheaper..

Lets say i was to have a mower with a GXV160. Can i swap out the flywheel with a clone one and still have the mower work properly??? It would just pull a lil harder?

why do you want to change the flywheel in the first place? Have you removed the governor? Do you have any other mods to your engine yet? If not i would say dont bother swapping anything. Give us some info on what your trying to accomplish with the engine now and down the road a bit.

I'm going to build it up for a DB. Just trying to avoid the $100 using the just as good stock aluminum Honda one. I'm not turning 9k but NR is selling the Honda OEM ones for the same price as the ARC's.

What i wanted to know is that where i work i get some junk mowers etc.. to fix. If i could rob the alum flywheel from one and swap it with the standard one no one would know the difference. And it would still work fine... probably whack through grass even better.

mowers have vertical shafts and that setup won't work on a mini bike without a lot of work.

you can't just swap parts between a vertical shaft and horizontal shaft engine.

vette66_00

What i wanted to know is that where i work i get some junk mowers etc.. to fix. If i could rob the alum flywheel from one and swap it with the standard one no one would know the difference. And it would still work fine... probably whack through grass even better.

Kinda dishonest? Just save up $100 I know its hard but if you are working a a mower shop Im pretty sure you dont have good insurance or none at all. I hospital visit will be more than the flywheel is going to cost you.

The GVX flywheel was designed as a blade brake so its stronger than the iron wheel. It weighs less than the Arc flywheel.
It does fit a GX200.

Ah yea i was wondering about that mostly when it came to putting the iron one on the mower. I doubt it would work. And i would have to be in the perfect spot to even get an opportunity at a broken mower.

I know for an absolute fact that the gxv flywheel will fit on a gx 200 honda engine. I asked this question myself several times in the answer I kept getting with go buy a billet one. the answer to your question is yes and no yes the gxv fly wheel will fit and work on the gx 200 engine but no the cast iron gx 200 flywheel will not fit on the lawn mower, actually let me clarify that it will fit but it will not run correctly.