Honda internal hidden throttle how to.

This is a short write up on how to install the Honda Minitrail hidden/internal throttle assembly. The hard part is the drilling and milling of the handle bars. Ideally, you will want to use a mill, but you could do this with a hand hand drill and grinders and files.

The process begins with drilling a 5/32" hole all the way through the bar 3.625" from the end of the bar. Follow this by a 27/64" drill through one side only. And finally mill a 5/16" wide slot from the hole you just drilled to about 7/8" from the end of the bar. Debur.

Route your cable and assemble.

Parts were sourced as a kit from Northeast Vintage Cycle - Hondanuts.com for $30.00 plus shipping.

http://hondanuts.auctivacommerce.com/Throttle-Repair-Kit-Honda-Z50-CT70-QA50-P3693626.aspx

Last edited:
How unique and very nicely done. Unfortunately, the installation requires a tool and the skill that is beyond what some of us (myself included) possess. I really like it.

Maybe others will want you to adapt the Honda throttle control to their bikes... thanks for sharing.

-Doug

How unique and very nicely done. Unfortunately, the installation requires a tool and the skill that is beyond what some of us (myself included) possess. I really like it.

Maybe others will want you to adapt the Honda throttle control to their bikes... thanks for sharing.

-Doug
Naahhh. A good centered pilot hole through and through with a large step drill for the upper hole could get you started. A cut off wheel and die grinder should get you the rest of the way if you patiently cut slightly inside your line and dress it up it would be hard to mess it up. You'd be surprised what you can do if you really want something. I'm no pro fabricator but I'm a hell of a cobbler.:laugh: