horrible ride today

i cant ever go riding without something messing up on my mini and have to be pulled home. and its always like the tire the chain the bearings throttle cable pull start cord. im just tired of it breaking down. anybody on the forum have problems like mine or am i the only one.

lol ive had lots of those wtf days....i just finished my mini bike in my avatar... took it 5 feet up the block and the chain came off and took all the new paint right off the back of my frame...but hey shit happens lol...hope your luck gets better man! :thumbsup:

yeah today my chain got really loose and my bolts holding the sprocket on came loose and chain pooped off and bent the chain so took it off chunked into the ditch and just got pulled home. haha oh yeah cop rode up on us and was like ya learn a lesson. i have confused face and cop goes always make sure got enough gas. we was like ha no chain problems. was the first cop that didnt say anything about us riding. but we was also on a dirt road going into the country. he was really cool.

yaaaa the chain thing sucks! ive had it happen soooooooo many times lol.... the cops usaly follow me home around my house and tell me to stop cuz my pipe is to loud or some b.s...but at my cabin they usaly stop me and my buds to see our rides lol.

i cant ever go riding without something messing up on my mini and have to be pulled home. and its always like the tire the chain the bearings throttle cable pull start cord. im just tired of it breaking down. anybody on the forum have problems like mine or am i the only one.
That's the nature of the beast. We (my wife, my 13 year old daughter, and I) rode today, probably put in somewhere around 25-30 miles (roughly 2 1/2 hours), and on the last leg of the ride I broke the clutch-to-jackshaft chain on my Warrior mini bike. Luckily it was just a #41 half-link (a.k.a. "off-set link"), and I have a handlebar bag full of tools and chain parts so I fixed it where it sat (about 4 miles from the truck).

Last week my daughter knocked the chain off her DB30, so I had to loosen the chain tensioner and remove the rear chain guard to roll the chain back on.

Oh yeah, a couple of months ago she ran over a spike nail which punctured both the middle of the tread as well as the sidewall of the tire (ruining it). :doah:

Ran outta gas one time a couple of miles from where I park my truck, so I hid my bike in some tall weeds and brush, doubled with my wife on her Warrior back to the truck, loaded my wife's and daughter's bikes then drove to where I had hidden my bike (I now take an extra jug of gas with us).

Yeah, they can be a pain in the :asshole:, but it's still better than watchin' TV....

Jimmy S.

gbones

shat does happen. ive ran out of gas a few times, luckely a few blocks from the house. my chain popped off a few times but an easy fix on the road. and yesterday i got my 1st flat tire, i started my mini up and drove it down the road (half a block) and the rear started to shake. i guess i was in luck because rite across the road 2 guys where building a shed and they had a truck full of tools and yelld at me "you need some air" he filled her up for me and yup i had a hole. so a short ride to benny's and a quick burger at wendy's i got home and put patch on the tube. put it back together a walked it back to the shed guys filled her up and off i was. i will deff be bringing some tools and the patch kit with me tomorrow.

your not the only one. Thats why its good to have 15 machines. 2 or 3 break in a day and i can keep having fun lol. But yea its very frustrating when stuff always goes wrong. Usually i yell "unfreakinbelievable!" Then i say you know what, its not because it happens all the time! But hey i know all my machines inside and out and i can usually fix them in just a few minutes whatever the problem big or small.

Probably the bolts came loose, caused the chain to come loose... It happens.. Always a good idea to take a few dozen trips around the yard, then real short distance drives, on a new creation... Until ya get the bike all figured out and something that you can trust..

jeep4me

It doesn't matter how careful you are, you can double or triple check everything on the bike and something can still go wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've taken off on a mini get a block or so from the house and it starts runing like crap then dies out. Start messing with the carb, no luck, checking switch connections, no luck.....then it hits me....did I open the fuel shut off valve?...Nope.

That's part of the fun, you never know if you're going to get back home in time for dinner.:scooter:

yeah thats why i always ride up the road instead of down and the woods behind my house is all uphill so i can just coast back if stuff goes wrong lol

It doesn't matter how careful you are, you can double or triple check everything on the bike and something can still go wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've taken off on a mini get a block or so from the house and it starts runing like crap then dies out. Start messing with the carb, no luck, checking switch connections, no luck.....then it hits me....did I open the fuel shut off valve?...Nope.

That's part of the fun, you never know if you're going to get back home in time for dinner.:scooter:
I'VE DONE THAT!!! :punk: Alot... :001_rolleyes: you know me... :lol: I quit shutting it off..

Forget to tighten the spark plug. :doah: that one can REALLY screw ya.. Lost plug or burnt fingers or something..

One day after throwing this one motor on that I threw together all quicky style on the Suicycle (the lighted one I siezed) .. The motor just SHUTS OFF :shrug:

Turns out the electrical taped spark plug wire someone rigged up laid on the head and melted through.. :doah: I wiggled it over the other way, went about my business.. That coil stayed on the bike months... Hell better than a year. :laugh:

Ya never know whats gonna happen... Like Jeep2003 said... Go up hill if ya got one.. :blink: I'm AT the top of the hill.. I'm screwed.. :lol:

cxbra

Too many times for me! The worst was when I got a flat last week and had to lug this heavy beast (only about 90 pounds tho... ) a half a mile up a MEAN ass hill and 1.5 miles home flat. I didnt think a 90 pound bike could ever weigh so much (dead weight!). I've had a couple close by the house where I fouled the plug and pulled 100 times to no avail.. I have my bike really dialed in, its just these damn flats I keep getting every month or two.