How many members have their first bike?

oldfatguy

I wish that I still had all the mini bikes that we had almost 40 years ago that were sold, my favorite was a bonanza chopper with a 4 horse tecumseh. I do still have an alexander reynolds that I bought from a friend of mine for 50 dollars. It was the only mini bike that I kept from back then, It has been stored for over 20 years.I just got it running again 2 years ago when I found the missing flywheel on E-BAY. And that's when the mini bike bug bit me again, I now have 4 mini bikes and a go kart.

richs

I still have mine a 67 heathkit boonie I mowed a guys lawn for I got the ski , lights and the original spark arrest muffler to

I know,I know......this doesn't count. But..........
This was the first real minibike I had when I was 14. Not the original one I owned,but then again,my original never looked this complete.:doah:
jw

I know,I know......this doesn't count. But..........
This was the first real minibike I had when I was 14. Not the original one I owned,but then again,my original never looked this complete.:doah:
jw
What kind of engine is that?? That thing looks really cool.

My first mini I got about 7 years ago when I was 15 or 16, I don't know what kind it was but it had a briggs on it. Well one day I from home from school, went out to the garage to wrench on it, and found out my little brother and his friend scrapped it. I was pissed. :censure:

Just a few months ago I got my second mini. A bird duck, I scored for $40.

T-roy

Still have mine...1972 qa-50, I am in the middle of restoring it right now.Its getting a 2005 crf 50 motor with hot cam and bbr ingition. I had to extend frame under gas tank 2'' also had to add motor brackets. fun project, need steering rack bearings. I should post a thead for that tho............

hello im new ,my first mini was called a ding -how ,thumbs up symbol and name on back of seat,tank on top ,rear shocks ,x-mass present in '72 ive had almost to many to count since but will never forget that one. anyone ever hear of it?

Maybe some of you saw my '64 Bug-Hodaka when I joined OldMiniBikes. Anyways I had it since it was brand-new. Restored it 3 times, but haven't ridden it since 1972 when I took it to Alaska for the summer. I moto-crossed it once at the little track there in Juneau.

Anyhow, once I finish it, and document everything about it, I'm going to sell it.

I always liked a Taco with a Westbend like the ones that used to be advertised in Rod & Custom... That's what I'm going to build next.

Got mine!

I've still got my 1970 Christmas present, a Bonanza Mini Chopper CR400 Scout. True, it sat in my parents garage for 35 years till a couple years ago I rescued it. I broke it down and put it in a big box and sent it to my new home in California. It's pretty original, the HS-40 still has the STP stickers on it and the dealer sticker from New London County Harley Davidson where my dad bought it. I'm even running on the original tires. OK, so it has new tubes, new fuel line, but still has the original (flushed out) steel tecumseh tank. Ok, so I did have to re-chrome the front forks, and I sanded and repainted the frame in bright orange to make it look good. The seat and the chrome sissy bar cleaned up well and I replaced the clutch, brake cable, and throttle, rebuilt the carb, and gave it new points and tune up to make it rideable... My kids like it, I think, but certainly not loik I do. Some things just aren't the same now.... Next I want to restore a 1979 Trans Am like I had after the mini bike!

Maybe some of you saw my '64 Bug-Hodaka when I joined OldMiniBikes. Anyways I had it since it was brand-new. Restored it 3 times, but haven't ridden it since 1972 when I took it to Alaska for the summer. I moto-crossed it once at the little track there in Juneau.

Anyhow, once I finish it, and document everything about it, I'm going to sell it.

I always liked a Taco with a Westbend like the ones that used to be advertised in Rod & Custom... That's what I'm going to build next.
dont sell it! just buy the new one