How many members have their first bike?

Maybe some of you saw my '64 Bug-Hodaka when I joined OldMiniBikes. Anyways I had it since it was brand-new. Restored it 3 times, but haven't ridden it since 1972 when I took it to Alaska for the summer. I moto-crossed it once at the little track there in Juneau.

Anyhow, once I finish it, and document everything about it, I'm going to sell it.

I always liked a Taco with a Westbend like the ones that used to be advertised in Rod & Custom... That's what I'm going to build next.
You will regret it.

my boy got dirtbug for christmas which is his first and mine. now i am patiently waiting for one to cross my path, right price, one to work with.

I have had my Heald VT-1 for right at 30 years. I still have all the original parts that were on it back then too. Its complete resto starts in about a week. :thumbsup:

After 43 years I'm happy to say I still have my first, it's not a mini bike as such but it has small wheels big fun.
1949 Cushman 4 hp flat head with torque converter transmition

I have to find or modify springs to retain the clutch shoes cover the seat and a few other small things and Mr. Cushman will be ridable. Ican hardly wait!

My (extended) family has a non-operating Fox Campus bike, which we kids got on Christmas Day in 1968, when I was 10 years old. We ran it for years (I have three brothers and we lived on a farm). It has never left the property all those years.

It does not run but I am just starting a project to restore it. Thanks, Brian

I have my first minibike still. Had no idea at the time when i received it for free from a friend in 1989 though that it was a 1970 Rupp Roadster. Dragged it home from the old corn crib a year and a half ago to restore. Basically my personal own barn find that lead to me owning 6 minibikes now. My wife thinks I am nuts and I am sure my neighbors too when they hear or see me cruise the neighborhood on one of them.

Still have the Cat 250X I bought new in the spring of 1969.I blew it up in 1971,and am just getting around to restoring it. I also have a Rupp Rascal that my mother won in a penny sale in 71,72 maybe.I never used that one,I was driving by then so I rode real motorcycles.My sisters rode that Rupp right to death.They wore the scrub brake down to a razor edge,then it caught and poked right into the tire.I just dug that bike out of the cellar,I will put that one back to original cond.this winter.

I just recently picked up a DMP scamper ,the same make model and color as the first mini I had as a kid , 30 years later and starting the restoration.