hydrolocked briggs flat head

so if you read my other post you will notice i gave this engine to my neighbor(1994 briggs 5hp), but with nothing else to do im still gunna fix it for him, so were is the float located and what could be wrong with it, also what else would make this engine hydro lock

If it is a pulse a jet carb there is no float. There is no way for the cylinder to fill with fuel with that carburetor. It pulls from the tank via engine vacuum.

125ccCrazy

I don't see a float type carb allowing enough gas to hyd lock a running engine even if the float sunk and gas kept flowing in...even with a fuel pump it would be highly unlikely.... When you spray fuel in the carb the engine isn't under a load or running long enough to discover the problem.... The next time it locks up immediately pull the plug and try turning the engine over...if alot of gas or oil shoot out then your hyd locking....

i will post a pic but it doesnt hydrolockloc when then engine is running it will run when gas is put into the carb but if i put gas in the tank it wont run

seriously, if you have to ask that question, then you really, really need to spend some time with google and reading , not just looking, but reading and learning the basics would help you a ton. I know at 12 years old its easier to ask here but really, your the one that needs to take the lead and educate yourself, take some time, the internet has every subject you ever thought of, give it a try and learn something:thumbsup:

If you pour gas in the carb it will run but will not pull from the tank? Sounds like it needs a diaphragm in the carb or possibly a fuel cap. FYI pouring fuel in the carb will cause some to get in the oil.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Ok, if the engine hydraulic locked, you could pull the spark plug, and yank the recoil, and gas would come squirting out the plug hole. Does that happen?

Neck

Growing up is optional
If the recoil start spring is rusty or wound too tight it will bind up and stop you from pulling the rope out, and if the one way clutch on the flywheel is engaged, you will have to turn the engine backwards till the spring gets unbound.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I dont know! Coincidence? does it ever lock up with the spark plug out? If the gas tank is under the carb, like on your pulse jet, there is NO WAY, it will hydraulic lock on gas, it CANT happen!