Identity theft from buying parts?

Hent

You could also have a trojan horse/keylogger type virus on your computer.

I'd recommend getting

Lavasoft AdAware
Spyboy Search & Destroy

and if you're feeling more advanced, download HiJackThis

They're all free programs.

Otherwise, list the places you've bought from to see if they're familiar sites or not.

I got my credit card number/mac stolen, not my identity. From shopping online. Someone maxed out my account, I was reimbursed but it was a MAJOR PITA. Because I did not know it until I bounced all of my checks at the end of the month. Each charge was a separate incident witch required individual disputes on my part. The way they got around the safe guards was by charging .99 and then 40.00 over and over and the system did not pick it up because of the different amounts. They tracked it down to Africa and that's as far as it went that I know of. And the vendor was a fake eBay and pay-pal. alternating the .99 and the 40.00.
Huge PITA........

Tell us who the damn parts place was!

We where charged $5.000 in Europe but the CC reimbursed us and when after the place who sold what ever. I think the info was taken from someone in India on the help line for Verizon!

My wife got her ID stolen from a illegal alien who used a name that was close but not the same and used her Social security number. It took her a year to get her PERFECT credit back and we had to do all the work! They need to change the :censure: law to help innocent law abiding citizens! BUT NOOOOO!!!!! They should hang the bastards who do this too BUT NOOOOOOOO! The sleaze bags have a free ticket in our country.:eek:ut:

Most good places have a person that can take your order. I phoned in the order I made from ARC the website was messed up. But I think I will do that from now on.

So here are the names where I ordered, I not blaming any one of them
Small Engine Warehouse, 02-26 09
Manufacture's Supply, 03-10-09
Beatrice Cycle, 03-11-09
McMaster-Carr, 03-20-09
M&D Mower, 04-13-09
All with the same credit card and started getting bogus charges on 04-07-09:hammer:

So here are the names where I ordered, I not blaming any one of them
Small Engine Warehouse, 02-26 09
Manufacture's Supply, 03-10-09
Beatrice Cycle, 03-11-09
McMaster-Carr, 03-20-09
M&D Mower, 04-13-09
All with the same credit card and started getting bogus charges on 04-07-09:hammer:
Has your computer slowed down at all? Anything weird?

Hent

I would say that those are reputable merchants and would start looking into other causes for your problem. I've ordered from 3 of your 5 there.

Check your computer.

avast is great i put it on every machine that comes through my work witch is around a 1000 a week also run malware bytes great program and as hent said hjt and then post it here and i can help you sort out any nastiest

I never use credit cards for anything! I send them a post office money order instead. If they don't accept this then I just don't buy from them, and I don't have to pay the interest the CC companies charge either. It takes afew day longer, but it's paid for when it arrives.:smile: