Is this a Briggs?

I have been told that this engine is probably a 7.5 or 8hp B&S engine off a generator of some type. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have more pics if needed. Thanks.

Thanks for the info so far. Yes, it is an MTD frame, and most definately not the original engine. It barely fits in the frame. I will have to try remove the "silver" paint that the previous owner used to try to "enhance" the look of the engine. :doah:

Im not sure. I am just going off what the previous owner told me and one other member on this sight has told me. Im just trying to find out as much info as I can before I pull it and start trying to get her going.

1stlegendtx

Here are some pics of the whole bike.
Nice.:thumbsup: I got one last week for $50.00. I never liked the way the MTD's looked but after a week it's starting to grow on me. I like that Blue. Hent has Two of them, one with a real nice seat.:thumbsup: Keep posting pictures as you fix it up.

Ok... finally got the paint off. It is a B&S 206cc 5hp industrial/commercial cast iron bore. I know its good because its a briggs but beyond that, what do ya'll think of this engine?By the way, you guys know your ****!

ok. If my research is correct, the engine is a 206cc 5hp industrial/commercial cast iron bore engine. Mechanical governer and it says start type is "alternator only". What the hell does that mean. The model number is 131436 the Type is 0190 01 and the Code is 84061506.

Opinion

ok. If my research is correct, the engine is a 206cc 5hp industrial/commercial cast iron bore engine. Mechanical governer and it says start type is "alternator only". What the hell does that mean. The model number is 131436 the Type is 0190 01 and the Code is 84061506.
Just my opinion but I would mark this with whoever answered your question on "is this a briggs."
And then would ask the other questions under the briggs sub catagory. That's where you'll get your specific questions answered, by the guy's that lurk in that section and really know there sh!t with the briggs stuff.

And welcome to OldMiniBikes.com it's always nice to see a new member with a vintage bike.

Randy:scooter:

5HP briggs. Ic lighting coil and ring gear for starter. duell ball bearing cast iron sleeve good engine. I have a few my self.
Ah Ha! I see them. The exhaust looks exactly as mine did as well. Is there another way to run the exhaust or a different exhaust period that could be used. I know it all up to the imagination. Thanks for the info.

Rod