Is this really a Tote Goat?

1stlegendtx

Tote Goat - The Real Deal info
Tote Goat - The Real Deal - $300 (Kent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-21, 3:01PM PST
Reply to: sale-hkgx7-1520321414@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the real deal. Tote goat with honda engine. $300 obo.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

With the springs on the front end, I want to say it's a Mountaineer - engines been changed and possible the center post has been cut out of it

It ACTUALLY LOOKS like some model of Cushman off road bike. There were quite a few builders back in the 50's 60's that built bigger trail bikes like this. I want to say early Cushman... try searching Cushman and Bonham and see what you can find. Minidoodle.com can help with stuff like that some times too. They know quite a bit about old bikes. The moderator at that one seams to know everything in the world about old bikes.

I again say it is a very unusual bike, The front end looks so factory built but the rest looks like it was built around the engine adapting the rear wheel into the project. And the triangle box on top of the frame looks like a tool box. and the coil is mounted under the seat area. So where is the fuel tank ? The front frame down tubes make a double curve not a very usual factory practice but it follows the profile of the front fender that looks so Cushman style. If that Honda engine has the Hi-Lo gear box it would be a stump puller.
Steve :scooter: