is this the antiques road show?

you guys wont like me, i dont restore them very often,i have restored some,with the
help of randy my boy and mini-matic i normaylal keep them the way i get them,i will admit
some look aulful, but if i like them then i am happy,:scooter::scooter::scooter:

Oldsalt

Have managed to piss off one or two people by asking them, after they asked me how much a car was worth, one simple question. "Are you a f**king used car salesman"? Same for mini bikes. If you are going to base your interest in a hobby solely on what an item is worth TO SOME ONE ELSE you certinally are not a hobbyest. Do day-tradeing or sell your ass on the street, or something like that, if money is your only carrot.

If I want something and can afford it, I'll buy it. And then I usually keep it for a long time*. I have never bought anything w/re-sale & profit as the objective. The flip side is that I'm a pretty poor capitalist. I missed the whole .com thing and real estate thing while others around me were getting rich. Due to my lack of entrepreneurial ambition I haven't exactly amassed a fortune, but I'm happy anyway.

* True story - Cleaning out the garage the other day I found a cardboard box I brought home from hi school (class of '75). Nothing in it, it's a plain old empty cardboard box. But I thought label looked kind of neat, so I brought it home from school. It just sits in my regular pile of boxes that come and go, but it has never left or been used for anything else. I probably have too much stuff like that. Still also have the '62 MGA I bought in '78, the '78 Honda Express I bought brand new, '72 Ducati I bought in '84, the '86 Yamaha SRX I bought brand new and on and on...