JCPenny Mini Bike

This is my first mini bike build, so the quality of engineering might not be up to par with some of the experts on this site but I am planning on having a functional mini bike by the end of it.

Here is my progress so far:

What I started with:
A frame

and an engine.

So far I have sanded, primed, and painted the frame:

I still need to finish the forks and the wheels.
If any of you seasoned mini bike veterans see something I have done honorably wrong, please let me know.
Thanks.

I think you're doing good. I have one of those bikes but it's in far worse condition than yours. I'll trade ya!:laugh::laugh:

Doc

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to downsize the photos before uploading next time:laugh: Hopefully I will get some parts in this week so I can get it running:scooter:

Welcome , you picked a great one to restore ! I just finished one , spend as much time as possible surfing OldMiniBikes as there is a lot of valuable info and a lot of really knowledgeable guys on this site . Good luck ,
:thumbsup:

That bike looks great chipper! I got the green paint at lowes. It looks like this (but green).

Did you stick with the original shocks? Mine are destroyed, and I cannot figure out how they come apart.

CarPlayLB

That bike looks great chipper! I got the green paint at lowes. It looks like this (but green).

Did you stick with the original shocks? Mine are destroyed, and I cannot figure out how they come apart.
Those look like Sebac shocks...they look good when they are restored. They are a B&*&^%TCH to get apart though. There is a thread that shows how to do them...search is your friend. Don't toss them shocks! If you don't want them, I will take them!

Thanks Van Man , scrap those old shocks in my opinion . Some guys do take the time to rebuild em but the new ones are too easy to use and look great . The ones MrPat showed you I would buy , that's dirt cheap , I bought em from OldMiniBikes for like $22.95 each , had I known of that surplus place at the time I would have bought those as they appear to be the same ? You can probably post the old ones and sell as some guys want only original parts ! Keep the pics coming:thumbsup:

Update

I painted a few more things this week, but not much else got done. I need to get a chain, what is the best place to get one? I was thinking of getting one off of a bike at a junkyard. I also need to decide if I want to upgrade the brakes or not. I currently have a friction brake for the back wheel, but I might upgrade to that could actually stop me.

I usually order my parts I need from www.OldMiniBikes.com
They have lots of parts and quick shipping..... sometimes I try to find local if I can. I personally wouldn't use used chain, may be all stretched and worn before you use it and cause you more headaches. Those are just my opinions though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk