just picked up a hawg ty, need help putting it together

hey i got a hawg ty 5.5 hp. it is missing all the springs that hook up to the throttle, ( i have the springs, but i dont know how they hook up). also, the previous owner drove it into a curb and the front forks are slightly bend back. any where i can get replacements? its leaking oil on the chain side of the motor. i believe its just the crank seal but im not sure.

im missing the chain tensioner, the engine doesnt start, it only starts if i pour gas straight into the carb. but the motor looks and sounds healthy. it came with all the parts and i tore it down (beside the chain tensioner). i dont want to remove the govenor and have a rod blow through my leg or anyone. i want it to work good and be some what fast. any suggestions? ( and dont say... get a 6.5 cause i want to keep this motor). also the oil leak i was talking about.. i think it was just cause one of the two oil fills? was loose.

Welcome, I own a Hawg Ty. The forks if you remove and break it down I would take to a shop that has a large press and see if they are willing to straighten them. Only problem I see is they are bent at the attachment point. It would be very leak in that area after straightening them and would be safer if reinforced. Or see if someone had a spare front end off a Baja Heat/Warrior and swap them out. As for your motor it would be better in the long run to replace with a predator. It comes with a throttle hook up already. Good Luck

The carb butterfly has holes in it on the top.
yes i see the carb throttle/butterfly. I tried following your picture, i guess i just got confused. lol. I think my set up might be backwards? i have one solid steel wire going to the carb butterfly and i dont know where the springs go. how would it open the butterfly when i pull on the throttle? here are some pics of the springs i have and of the carb set up.

Welcome, I own a Hawg Ty. The forks if you remove and break it down I would take to a shop that has a large press and see if they are willing to straighten them. Only problem I see is they are bent at the attachment point. It would be very leak in that area after straightening them and would be safer if reinforced. Or see if someone had a spare front end off a Baja Heat/Warrior and swap them out. As for your motor it would be better in the long run to replace with a predator. It comes with a throttle hook up already. Good Luck

thanks Bill, i didnt know you could interchange the forks between the ty and heat/ warrior. i would rather just spend the money so its safe rather than pounding it straight. I would throw a predator on it to make it faster but i also own a x18 super pocket bike and that goes pretty fast, this is more for when i go out into the orchards. and i really want my little brothers to ride it for fun.

do you know a good website where i can get spare parts for the ty? so far i need a gas tank, small chain, chain tensioner and the clutch/chain cover & of course the forks.

whats the position for fuel cut off and open?

To make sure they will interchange see if someone can measure the neck on their Heat/Warrior and compare to your length. If the Heat/Warrior is longer you can make up the gap by shimming the forks. Member on here did that when he installed a ATC forks on a Big Cat. He added washers to bring the forks up to the length of the cat's. It can be done. All my research for parts came up empty. The company that did carry parts after they stopped production of the Hawg is no longer in business, closed shop around 2005? Oh, you should know its a Zooma Hawg Ty, made by Zooma Powerwise.

im not worried about the forks, if i cant find a replacment then pounding it straight will have to do. i really need more info on 2 things. 1) how the throttle butterfly valve open when you pull the throttle. how do the springs hook up. 2) my Zooma Hawg Ty didnt come with a chain tensioner, and i cant find any after market ones. Do the baja warriors use the same ones with the tensioners?