Keystone Deluxe Resto-Mod

Here's my pile of parts pics to start the 2012 OldMiniBikes build off.

Basically the plan is to restore my 1973 Keystone Deluxe, with minor modifications...except the 6.5hp Honda clone that I am shoe horning into the frame for more power. Reason being, I bought the bike with a non original 2.5hp Briggs Flathead and 2.5 ponies ain't enough for me any more.

I have previously started a thread in the project log section if you wish to see what else has been done so far.

SORRY I DIDN'T PUT THE CLASS IN THE TITLE, I POSTED IT BEFORE I KNEW I WAS SUPPOSED TO. BUT THIS BUILD IS OPEN CLASS. Once again, sorry.

SORRY I DIDN'T PUT THE CLASS IN THE TITLE, I POSTED IT BEFORE I KNEW I WAS SUPPOSED TO. BUT THIS BUILD IS OPEN CLASS. Once again, sorry.
Too late!!!

I already deducted points for comprehension :hammer:

oh yeah and I took off another point cause you're Canadian :lol:

ahhhh just kiddin...stop apologizing and get to work !!! :hack:

Last edited:
Hey Clayton getting anything done?
Rob.
Pictures tonight. My OldMiniBikes Warehouse order came 2 days ago, I got the engine plate welded on, and am getting the motor and clutch lined up with the rear sprocket right now. I will have pics of the bike partially assembled with the motor mounted so you guys can take a look of what this thing will look like. Then it is time to paint. It kinda looks like too much motor for the bike. :shrug:

Pictures tonight. My OldMiniBikes Warehouse order came 2 days ago, I got the engine plate welded on, and am getting the motor and clutch lined up with the rear sprocket right now. I will have pics of the bike partially assembled with the motor mounted so you guys can take a look of what this thing will look like. Then it is time to paint. It kinda looks like too much motor for the bike. :shrug:
It should look great .

Here are the pics I promised. I think it will really go. This will probly be the fastest mini bike I have ever had (some of you might think that is sad). Anyway I am so excited. :thumbsup:

My 6.5hp clone with a air filter from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, jetted carb, and a header (not in pic).

I put the rear brake back together.

I am going to clean up a few minor dings with this spot putty, for the bigger stuff I have bondo.

Frame all disassembled ready for paint tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Wow that is coming along nice.
I realy like the white rims and green hubs.
Are you going to paint the engine shroud and tank? If so what color ? The same white as your rims might look cool.
Rob.

Yeah, I am painting the frame today. Then hopefully clearing it tomorrow, I am gonna put on 10 coats of clear so it might take a while. I am not sure about the shroud, it will look lots better if I paint it to match or contrast the frame nicely so that is what I will probly do. Right now I am thinking of painting the shroud the same green as the frame, and then the recoil white like the rims. More pics tonight. :thumbsup: