Keystone Deluxe Resto-Mod

Well, the swing arm is 90% done, hopefully will be 100% done minus paint by Monday or Tuesday of this week. I was going to take a riding video without the stretched swing arm but then it decided to snow 6 inches yesterday. :doah:

But since it is taking so long I will say this now: I would like to thank whoever sent me that helmet cam a couple weeks ago, I am very appreciative, and can't thank you enough. I tried to find out who you where but you wished to remain anonymous so I don't know who sent it, but thank you. I hope you see this. :thumbsup: I hope to use it soon to make a video once the snow melts. :thumbsup:

We got lots of great folks on this forum. :thumbsup:

Well I built the swing arm but it is too damn long. :doah: Here are the pics any way. If anybody has suggestions let me know, you can never learn enough. :thumbsup:

Chop Cut Rebuild lol
My scrap bin is filled with test (read that as mistake) pieces.
Just extend the shock mounts back and add a rear basket for hauling stuff.
Kind of like a custom pickup truck minibike.
Rob

you tried something...you learned something....nothing lost....:thumbsup:
Exactly. :thumbsup: This build has been a great learning experience for me, it is the first time I have done a full on resto on a mini bike so I learned a bunch. Thanks guys for bearing with me and giving me advice and pointers along the way. :thumbsup:

Oh ya, I haven't forgot about the white bars. :thumbsup:

Chop Cut Rebuild lol
My scrap bin is filled with test (read that as mistake) pieces.
Just extend the shock mounts back and add a rear basket for hauling stuff.
Kind of like a custom pickup truck minibike.
Rob
I dig the pickup truck mini idea, but I am trying to avoid the freak bike thread. :laugh: My welding table it full of stuff I messed up on too, but that is how you learn I guess. I am going to shorten it 3 inches or so and see what happens, it is just tacked. If all else fails I might just order some tie rod ends from OldMiniBikes Warehouse and build a swing arm that way. :shrug:

I'm sorry, I missed something, why are you changing the rear swing arm?:confused:
I am chaigning the swing arm because it was uncomfortable to ride because even with a 40 tooth rear sprocket it wanted to lift up when you would hit 30mph or so.

That's an idea....maybe my next bike. :thumbsup: I got squat done today because I went to a car show with my dad. Oh well, seen some nice stuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys, I am hoping to finish off the swing arm tonight, as long as I don't have to go to my friend's house and help him with his car stereo. :thumbsup:

:laugh: Her is a decent guy, got his stereo hooked up so he is happier than a pilsbury queer boy frosting up some hot butt cakes. :laugh: Anyhoo, a girl in my class is bringing me picutres of her older brother's mini bike tomorrow because he wants to sell it to me, hopefully the price is right. I am getting a new chain for the Keystone tomorrow and we should be set. :thumbsup: