Kids Did It To Me Again

Guys please...I mean please help me here..I go to California to visit my brother for 10 friggin days and I come home to this....

My dam Manco Streaker is actin up. Problem is when I start it, the dam thing wants to go, like its being revved up or something. Ive tried adjusting the carb, fuel and all that good stuff. Im thinking maybe the governor is stuck or something. Help me out here if possible. thanks:censure:

Big, With the rear wheel off the ground; start the motor. If it's running at high rpms then adjust the idle to a normal range. Turn motor off. Set rear wheel back on ground. Restart motor. If the bike still want to take off on you then do as butch 63 says and put a drop or two of oil on the brass bushing inside the clutch. Ogy

Oh, just a suggestion Big W. Next time you go out of town; take an old spark plug with one of the electrodes removed and install it in your motor. Pushing a minibike around by hand isn't much fun. Ogy

lol...yea i should have chained it up..but ill post a pic of the carb area today. Ill also try a few drops of oil on the bushing. Ill get back to you guys asap.

cxbra

I had that same problem with the bike wanting to take off after I started it. I thought it was running lean and surging but that wasnt the case at all.. The problem was my throttle was stuck OPEN! The throttle linkage was kind of binded up and not actuating smoothly. I loosened the nut on the throttle linkage 1/8 turn and the throttle worked properly and I never had that problem again. Im 97.275% sure that the problem is your throttle not closing all the way..:scooter:

COuple other things that come to mind - If the carb bolts come loose it can suck air before the throttle and cause a high idle at times. Also, I've had Briggs engines lose the butterfly all together (screws came out) and ran like the throttle was pinned wide open.