L.A Drag Spot.

Dan-O
I now run the same exactly gearing, and tire circumference on all but 1 of my bikes. That 1 bike runs a different tire that ended up taller than expected.

Different motors pull the load faster, or higher than others. This is how I know which motor makes more power than the other.

The famous "Butt Dyno"

This is a very simple mathematical equation, I'm sure you would love to hear.
SupaFly say the thing that is very simple is yo simple az!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
None of my minibikes haven't been out in a little while. So far Goose has only beaten my cruised bike with his gasser. I don't race my cruiser, which is why it normally doesn't go to the races. I use it to cruise through the.neighborhood.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ok butt dyno. I got my paper and pencil ready . Let see this equation. :deal:
With the "Butt Dyno" you don't get a HP reading. You only get a a power feeling, from acceleration and RPM per distance under the same load. With your "Butt"

Example, I have 2 main bikes I ride.
Bike #1 weighs 95 pounds, and bike #2 weighs 120 pounds.
I then build 2 motors of similar size, two 3" strokers, and two 3" stock stroke. The strokers take turns on the heavier frame and the stock stroke motors go on the light frame.

Rider load is the same, clutch stall the same, and gearing is the same.

After tuning the motors as best as you can get. You then make some full test passes. One motors will rev higher, and accelerate faster. Just like on a Dyno. And you then take your readings from the tach.

I do pretty much the same thing when testing out different cam profiles, and lifts. Ignition timing, clutch stall, and gearing. Different cams and lifts like different clutch stalls, and different flowing heads like different timing.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Goose this is why I don't run mikuni carbs, I'm already tuning way to many things as is. Figuring out a whole lot of stuff when I'm testing my bike out. Many people think I'm just cruising around wasting time.

I see many people get beat with the wrong gearing, wrong clutch stall, or they settle with there carb thinking it's 100% tuned. I can only imagine there valve train, or timing might be off a little.

Do all you f&b guys need to be reminded that there are minors on this site. You guys obviously have no respect for the site...besides DH in the context you used it originally isn't really funny :doah:
First of all this is a public forum and youtube video's r also pulic, not to mention "freedom of speech" just like u use when u talk (type) from behind ur computer screen using profanity and disrespect to others on the forum. Here is the thing, if u dont like it, u dont have to log on to it. Just like TV, if u dont like what u see, change the channel. :eek:ut:

First of all this is a public forum and youtube video's r also pulic, not to mention "freedom of speech" just like u use when u talk (type) from behind ur computer screen using profanity and disrespect to others on the forum. Here is the thing, if u dont like it, u dont have to log on to it. Just like TV, if u dont like what u see, change the channel. :eek:ut:
I don't use "profanity" on the board...there's enough coming from your "crew":thumbsup: I think the Moderators would disagree with you frankie...they already edited your "potty mouth" brother's post from last night:thumbsup:

I don't use "profanity" on the board...there's enough coming from your "crew":thumbsup: I think the Moderators would disagree with you frankie...they already edited your "potty mouth" brother's post from last night:thumbsup:
Oh really, well, if u can honestly say that u dont use or have never used profanity on this forum then ur a good liar if u believe urself. Just sayin. Take a look at many post from others, and they include profanity, so go and say something to them too. We all know ur not innocent to it, so go ahead and call the kettle black sir.

Its a private forum , You dont have any 1st Amendment rights ( frredom of speech ) Admins and mods have the control to edit and ban , If a forum is public than anything can be said without censorship !

Its a private forum , You dont have any 1st Amendment rights ( frredom of speech ) Admins and mods have the control to edit and ban , If a forum is public than anything can be said without censorship !
Ok I understand what u r saying, but "anybody" with a email address can become part of this forum and thats what I meant by public. "freedom of speech" isn't so freedom anyways, because we r all censored someplace by the mods, or the fcc, etc. It only becomes a problem when certain people take offense to something being said or done. We all do it, so should we all be banned then because we talk using profanity, or about illegal activities, etc.? I guess its up to the mods to deciede.

With the "Butt Dyno" you don't get a HP reading. You only get a a power feeling, from acceleration and RPM per distance under the same load. With your "Butt"

Example, I have 2 main bikes I ride.
Bike #1 weighs 95 pounds, and bike #2 weighs 120 pounds.
I then build 2 motors of similar size, two 3" strokers, and two 3" stock stroke. The strokers take turns on the heavier frame and the stock stroke motors go on the light frame.

Rider load is the same, clutch stall the same, and gearing is the same.

After tuning the motors as best as you can get. You then make some full test passes. One motors will rev higher, and accelerate faster. Just like on a Dyno. And you then take your readings from the tach.

I do pretty much the same thing when testing out different cam profiles, and lifts. Ignition timing, clutch stall, and gearing. Different cams and lifts like different clutch stalls, and different flowing heads like different timing.
Where the mathmatical equation ?:shrug:

That all sounds like unmathmatical guesstamations, you cant be sure it accelerated faster with out a timing system... all you got is your tach...one motor could pull harder at a certain rpm, then another, with out knowing the actual time it took to cover said distance...Its still just a guess on your part....:thumbsup:

Oh really, well, if u can honestly say that u dont use or have never used profanity on this forum then ur a good liar if u believe urself. Just sayin. Take a look at many post from others, and they include profanity, so go and say something to them too. We all know ur not innocent to it, so go ahead and call the kettle black sir.
I must say, i dont really ever remember bruce ever using profanity....i could be wrong, but i dont think so, he chooses to be more witty with his comments then to just jump to profanity....:smile: