Lapeer drag way minibike drags (Michigan)

Asked Ed if we could do some minibike drags at lapeer drag way this season and he said yes!! It would be on Saturdays on the test and tune day. I was thinking a e.t. Class with dial in, and a head up class. Either way, at least there will be hopefully more then just 2 races a season (ubly) stay tuned.....
Mark

Asked Ed if we could do some minibike drags at lapeer drag way this season and he said yes!! It would be on Saturdays on the test and tune day. I was thinking a e.t. Class with dial in, and a head up class. Either way, at least there will be hopefully more then just 2 races a season (ubly) stay tuned.....
Mark
Ubly is only having one race that I'm aware of. August 21, 2011
That would be cool to run at Lapeer. Much closer, and you just gotta love Ed's voice: : "Ok racers line 'em up" or "Tower lane gets the big red eye"

left lane you wanna roll up your window
LOL ... "spectator lane put your window up" (repeat 3 times) then the water box kid runs over and makes a window cranking motion to driver. Haha, good sh1t. Been going there since 1982.

A couple of minibike test and tune Saturday's would be cool.

Call Ed and ask him when the slow Saturdays are. Then set a couple dates and see if anyone on OldMiniBikes is interested.

If we had a couple of 30 min time slots to run the bikes, that would work.

Last edited:
LOL ... "spectator lane put your window up" (repeat 3 times) then the water box kid runs over and makes a window cranking motion to driver. Haha, good sh1t. Been going there since 1982.

A couple of minibike test and tune Saturday's would be cool.

Call Ed and ask him when the slow Saturdays are. Then set a couple dates and see if anyone on OldMiniBikes is interested.

If we had a couple of 30 min time slots to run the bikes, that would work.

The entry fee would have to be adjusted to get more minibiker's in. Nobody wants to spend two or more hours on the road and pay $25 per bike entry fee.

$15/car and $7/bike would be fair
it will be $25.00 all day tnt and ill have a couple classes. trophy from track and $$$ from me.

update, update, update!!!

just talked to Ed at lapeer dragway:thumbsup: he said any saturday, bring the minis, and if there are 10 or more, dial them in and he'll give a trophy! the minis will run against minis, no cars! we can grudge against each other or whatever......

here are the requirements.....

Rider:
1. boots above ankle
2. gloves
3. some type of protective jacket / or a jacket with external elbow pads
(they really prefer leather)
4. a place to put your "dial in" if bracket racing

Track:
1. opens at 11
2. tnt @ noon
3. race till at least 4, depending on crowd
4. $25.00 tnt/race if 10 or more minis
5. 1/8th mile only
6. When you get to staging, you can ask for a "no time" but recieve ur ticket

i am so excited, this is great news. Now the wife can t say: WHERE YOU GOING TO RACE IT ANYWAY!!:scooter: how the frame coming along
its boxing day here in the states:laugh: got all the parts and about to finish the one in the jig, and start getting after it, will keep u posted by phone/OldMiniBikes pics:thumbsup:

chadillac

can t wait. still trying to track down a nice rhino or blockzilla. i might just build a 390 if i cant find one. think lots of minis will come out to race