Lets see your fox mini bikes

:doah: i for got my other two fox minibikes, :hack::hammer::grind::weld:
fox minibike not sure of the year

fox minibike not sure of the year

this is a sppedway close to a fox

thinking of buying this fox minibike for parts

Last edited:
very cool looks like you got quite a collection wanna thin it out LOL man i want that heald super bronc lol christmas is around the corner lol

Hey Ogy, what can you tell me about this one?
Hello Tom, Fox minibike. Campus model. Tail light bracket puts it at a 1965 to 1968-69. Rear shocks are not original. The original shocks were chintzy and left a lot to be desired. The downtube just below the neck has been welded. This was the weakest point of the bike and almost everyone that you find has cracked and been re-welded. Thus the two (non factory) added on braces between the top frame rails and the downtube. The Briggs models had a battery tray between the top rails just behind the steering head which held a 6v battery to operate the brake light, headlight, and running tail light. No turn signals in those days, only hand signals. The lack of the battery tray tells me it most likely had a Tecumseh with a lighting coil. Original color would have been Hi Fi blue or metallic blue with a white seat. Hope that helps. Ogy.

I was thinking it was the earlier model since it doesn't have the battery tray. Maybe a better one to start with I guess. I still have the other one kicking around too as you can see.

I was thinking it was the earlier model since it doesn't have the battery tray. Maybe a better one to start with I guess. I still have the other one kicking around too as you can see.
Tom, The easiest way to approximate the age of a campus bike is to look for a welded-on tail light bracket. Up to and including 1965 the tail light and license plate bracket were mounted in the rear end and were an integral part of the seat. When you removed the seat, the tail light and plate bracket came off too. After 1965 Fox began welding a metal bracket across the rear end of the top rails which held the tail light and license plate. They continued doing this until approximately late 1969 when the Fox company evidently lost their minds and came out with their wire-spoked wheel models which they continued to refer to as minibikes. Evidently Fox forgot that: "Minibikes do not have wire spoked wheels" Ogy

Fox Campus that started out as a total basket case bare frame with trashed forks...

Engine mounting plate had several extra slots torched through...

Front downtube was broken top and bottom and brazed together with rebar slugs inside...

I stretched the frame 6" and the forks 8" and fabbed tubular swingarms and a springer strut and rockers...

Shocks are Yamaha and worked great for riders under 160 lbs...

Ever run across any shocks that work on them? Not necessarily the correct look, but at least a length that will work?
Tom, The answer to your question is "no". When I first started working on restoring my Fox Campus collection it didn't take long to realize that when it came to the shock absorbers; there wasn't going to be anything left that was worth restoring. All the shocks on every bike were absolute junk. See pictures #1 thru #5 below. I'll continue this thread below. Ogy