lighting coil on a clone

delray

here is one web site that has lighted coil parts:thumbsup:
NR-Racing.com
not sure if the flywheel they sell is the correct one for the coils? you may have have to call and ask or email them.

i did a search for lighting coil but nothing helpful came up so i started this thread. i just was wanting to run a light off of the engine on my db so that i could ride in the dark.

delray

burningtoad5000,also there was some info on honda clone engines in the past with lighted coils. i think they sold for over $200.00:doah:

The Jiang Dong clone engines on the Baja Heat/Warrior/Hawg Tye come with the charging coil like the 10 amp one from the NR-Racing link delray posted. You can put them on some of the other clone engines, if they have the little mounting posts for them on the block. On the only one I ever did, the little posts were there, but the holes were not threaded. I tapped 10-32 threads and mounted the coils on my engine. The light works great. You need an A/C light, and the coils are wired straight to the headlight, though you could run it through a switch if you like.

P.S. I had to use the flywheel, starter cup, and recoil from the Jiang Dong, due to needing magnets on the inside of the flywheel, different thickness of the flywheel, and different depth of the starter cup on the two engines.:thumbsup:

sorry guys I know this is repetitive but I can't find nothing about it. I have a 6.5 clone and want to run a head light and a brake light on it, and was wondering about the lighting coils. What I would need and how it works? Thanks

10 Amp charging coils from NR-Racing and a flywheel with a magnet on the inside, and possibly the recoil and starter cup to match, depending on your engine.

The Jiang Dong clone engines on the Baja Heat/Warrior/Hawg Tye come with the charging coil like the 10 amp one from the NR-Racing link delray posted. You can put them on some of the other clone engines, if they have the little mounting posts for them on the block. On the only one I ever did, the little posts were there, but the holes were not threaded. I tapped 10-32 threads and mounted the coils on my engine. The light works great. You need an A/C light, and the coils are wired straight to the headlight, though you could run it through a switch if you like.
This is a quote from page 1 of this thread. It always helps to read the entire thread.

Last edited: