Lil Indian, 1st post

Someone probably has a take off tank on here that would cost less than the sealer. Same with a blower housing to fix the dented one. Lots of throttle options out there too.

ugmold

Someone probably has a take off tank on here that would cost less than the sealer. Same with a blower housing to fix the dented one. Lots of throttle options out there too.
Thanks minibikin,
I actually have some "Red Kote" leftover from a past job, re-bent the housing too. I just need the fins and found 1 new for under $10 on eBay. Thanks

well if it does not work out for you he is right :thumbsup: i have all of those items in triplicate at least and would hook you up for not much more than shipping :thumbsup:

ugmold

Got a new flywheel fins, installed torqued to 55lbs, fins clear the housing fine. New main jet installed, I bought a missing choke lever only to find the post it sits on is sheared off the carb, didn't even know it was there. Is the post threaded? Kind of looks like it. Maybe I'll drill into it, tap and make my own post. Got some new springs coming for the governor/throttle setup.
-ug

ugmold

Decided to take a chance at the broken choke post. Drilled out, about 1/2 inch in. Took a bolt cut it off so 1/2 inch would thread in and about a 1/2 inch above had no threads so the choke lever could mount. Used the hacksaw to make a groove so I could turn it in with screwdriver. Seems to work perfect.

I've been looking for ways to setup the throttle, have some springs on order, but so far all I have seen are pretty amateur setups, anybody have a good solid setup for a Honda GX140?

ugmold

I took it for its first ride today and it Honks! I was pretty surprised. I was also surprised how bad the brakes were.

I hitched up the throttle my own way since I couldn't find a stock setup pic online, seems everyone does there own thing.
The gas tank had a hole in it, so I mounted a plastic snowblower tank. I bought an aftermarket $14, air cleaner housing, which fits pretty bad, but useable, broke the rope, easy fix. Starts on first pull, no smoke.

Anybody want to guess what it is worth $ ?
IMG_2108.jpg

Twid

The first motor bike I ever road! I was 7 when the cops showed up I tried to run from them the dude next door never let me play with it again. Rip Dave golden