Mickey Thompson and go kart wheelie....

Mac

A guy I run into from time to time here at local Swapmeets says
he has two or three of the MiniDragsters(but won't sell any).

I'm not much of a go kart guy but those are just too cool. I would trade a LOT of stuff for one of those...................It would look real nice next to my Mickey bike:thumbsup:

Would you bring it out of the basement ? They were built in the town where I lived for so many years Wilmington, California and the building is still there on Anaheim Blvd.
The local drag strip LYONS I am sure they saw it in action.
Steve :scooter:

I remember seeing Micky Thompson with one of those at OCIR. That was also the day that a funny car broke 200mph.
Damm...showing my age agin!
Bullhead

Hey Bullhead : I remember back when they were thrilled with breaking the 225 MPH in the full 1/4 mile and guys like TV TOMMY IVO and Don Garlets, were big time at the west coast strips. I lived 5 miles west of Long Beach Lyons and could hear them making runs. And you could stand next to the start line fence 15 feet from the dragsters. So who is old here LOL
Steve :scooter:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Remember when they used to roll the dragsters onto the starting rollers at Lyons? The things would take so much juice, all the lights on the starting line would dim!

Neck

Growing up is optional
My first car was raced (but not by me) at the last drag race at Lyons, It closed right about the time I got my drivers licence. Sitting at practically sea level it was the best in So.Cal. I did get to race at the Brotherhood of street racing track in Terminal Island, run by none other than, "Big Willie" Robinson (God rest his soul) which was just a stones throw from the former Lyons drag strip, but it was too small to have national events. Those were GREAT days, and GREAT times! SIGH........