Mini Baja progress

O.K. I couldn't stand the fake tank so I put on a real one. I think it looks better. I then changed to a 6.5hp with electric start and lighting coil($198 shipped to my door) from the stock 5.5hp that was on it. I added a TAV. Which I highly suggest. Then I put the battery in a home made battery box. Basically an angle iron bracket coming off the 2 bolts that use to hold the stock gas tank on the engine.Then because I didnt like the look of the battery boxes I had seen or the price. I went to home depot to see what I could do. I decided on the blue PVC electrical box for 3 switches. The battery was a nice fit with just enough room on each side. I then sprayed the box with spray on non skid paint. Then with the battery inside I added expanding insulating foam to fill the void.Cut and shaved off the excess then topped it off with plasti-dip.I also added a quick disconnect from the battery to the engine. Just in case i wanted to kill the electrical power for any reason. The motor is stock and will stay that way. I did order a header pipe with a muffler. Just for looks. I need to find some black muffler tape to put on it because I like that look. I also need to hook up the black maltese cross brake light I put on.Just a bike to ride around the hood. I have another stock mini baja that I may do something with as well.... Oh yeah The non skid spray stuff looks good on the headlight as well.... The one I had broke, so I got another one from a member and it has some small scratches. Now it looks cool.. Randy

Last edited:

joekd

Gosh that's purty

Again I love the carrol stream motor, pulled strong since day 1 and keeps going. Only change I made was relocating the key switch since it was on a kart and not a bike.

I thought about moving the key also. But then I figured if I did that I would have to move the choke lever to the bars as well. So I decided to leave it where it was for easy choke access. It is a blast to ride. I ordered another Carrol Stream motor for a trike project down the road as well. Randy