Mini Bike(s) ID?

Hello,

The first bike (blue) is mine. The frame was given to me for free when I purchased the engine, which is not from the bike. I thought it was a Sears frame untile I noticed the extra bar by the rear wheel, any ideas on what it is? The other mini (red) I looking at buying, I am just not sure what it is.

Thanks,

Scott

I have two. I just started into Mini's a few weeks ago. I ended up with one in a trade. Kids liked it, so I figured I would make a hobby out of it.

The blue one is definitely not a Sears/Bird. Wrong rear mounts and no steering head bracing. The extra bar was probably used for a brake stay:eek:ut:, since it looks like it has a brake drum/sprocket. the rear mounts look like a Western Flyer, but the rest not so much.

I saw the Red one at least 6 mo ago but the price was higher then. With the Briggs it probably is a good price but I could not find a similar frame it has a foot controlled brake and a weird pedal from a motorcycle . Steve :scooter:

Hey Steven,

You said you thought it was a brake stay, I need to get brakes for the bike. I put a 5.5 hp Briggs on it, so I think it should be fast. Northern tool sells what looks like the same drum/sprocket set up and Mini-Bike Brake with 5/8in. Bore. Do think its the part I need for the rear brakes, and is there a way I can tell? Thanks! :scooter:

It is 4 1/2. I have found two different kind of brakes. The one looks like it sits inside the the hub, and requires the brake stay. The other looks like it raps around the hub, behind the sprocket. I am leaning torwards the ladder, its more money, but looks like a better product. I am just wondering if anyone has a picture of there brakes with a 4 1/2 hub so I can make sure I am correct. I have done some looking and have not found any as of yet. I'd hate to spend the money on S&H just to find out I was wrong. Thanks!