Mini drag bike project

help needed

Right now I'm having a problem with the animal, it pulls hard from idle to about 4k and then it is flat. I have to hold it wide open and long to reach 4500 rpm. That is on flat road. The bike and I together weigh 240lbs. It has a tav2(10teeth)-jack shaft input 11 teeth-JS out 16 - rear sprocket 56 teeth and an 11" tire. I changed the carb for a bigger one pz 26 (120 main, 40 pilot), nothing changed. Could it be the cam? This is a real briggs animal engine that they say it should reach 7800 rpm. Any thoughts?

Oz

CarPlayLB

I am very much a novice in regards to gearing, but it seems to me you are geared too high with the 16/56 final drive beings you are nearly 1 to 1 in your primary. Would be real easy to give a larger jackshaft input gear and see if that helps...but like I said...take for what it's worth ...free!

I am very much a novice in regards to gearing, but it seems to me you are geared too high with the 16/56 final drive beings you are nearly 1 to 1 in your primary. Would be real easy to give a larger jackshaft input gear and see if that helps...but like I said...take for what it's worth ...free!

I believe that you are correct and I will re-gear this thing and see what happens. Thanks

Way cool!!! Nice work. :thumbsup: You'll have to post your top speed when you get the dampener on!!!

I added the steering damper and it helped but not as much as I thought but if I shift my weight fwd it seems to help. Once I work out the bugs and get the courage to open her up I'll post the numbers.

New front tire

I had this other tire in the garage so I decided to put it on because there is still some wobble. At first I did not like the looks of the bike but the more I look at it the more I like it. What do you guys think?

My other bike has been sitting for a while now so I figured that while I wait for parts for the drag bike I would put her together and use the walbro carb on it. It's going to need some cutting and welding to get there.

What do you guys think?

i like the taller tire better... but on one of my projects i have a 10" front wheel, to me it looks much better with a taller rear wheel... and may perform better, so i went with a hoosier rear and 8" rear tire... the hoosier is 15" tall... there are some tires for 6" that are 13" tall... with a taller front tire, i just think it looks better with a taller rear (more proportionate, or balanced to me)...

i like the taller tire better... but on one of my projects i have a 10" front wheel, to me it looks much better with a taller rear wheel... and may perform better, so i went with a hoosier rear and 8" rear tire... the hoosier is 15" tall... there are some tires for 6" that are 13" tall... with a taller front tire, i just think it looks better with a taller rear (more proportionate, or balanced to me)...
Thanks for the info. Do you know where to get the taller rear tire?