MiniBike / Scooter Museum Photos

Had the privilege again this year to visit Herb Singe's private museum here in NJ...every year at Christmas time he opens the museum up to the members of the local Rotary Club and their invited guests in order to raise money for the local charities. He's been collecting for over 60 years, everything from brass era cars to pre-war toy trains, rare tether cars, nickelodeons, baby buggies...you name it. Anyway I took some shots of the "Scooter" section of the museum, thought you guy might enjoy seeing them......:thumbsup:

:scooter::scooter:

Last edited:
Ok...I was gonna call B.S. on this last scooter.....

but I researched it when I got home and damned if they didn't make it......

Linda Mason sails along on an motorized scooter called the "McCoy Sportsman" in Hollywood, Calif., March 14, 1949. When given a slight push, the Sportsman travels at 8 mph with a 120-pound passenger aboard. (AP Photo/David F. Smith)

..imagine the lawsuits you'd have today riding this thing with that 2ft wooden propeller whirling around at 10,000 rpms......hahaha...get the hell outta the way!.....the good old days!

Last edited:
Thanks for the time to post those pics.I would have to say,i liked the 82 airborn scooter.But would not turn down anything in there!!I would love to go there and take it all in.

Thanks for the pics! Super interesting. And as for the McCoy Sportsman, better keep clear of that thing coming down the sidewalk!!
hahaha...I remember the little plastic prop on the Cox planes would hurt like hell if it got your finger...that big wooden prop would eat somebody up :doah:

I like how there is one of those little squeeze horns on it..

I wish I had taken more pics of it.... I wonder if it had a throttle or just went full blast...?

Last edited:
Saw my friend Herb Singe again recently....God bless him the guy must be 95 yrs old , hasn't slowed down one bit.

Just thought I'd bump this old thread for the holidays and the new guys who didn't see it the first time around..... :scooter: