Minibikes in the house?

Growing up, it was my cousins who got me into minibikes. They were all into customizing their bikes. Their parents both worked and liked to go on weekend get-aways. Their basement was semi-finished. They often kept and worked on their bikes in their rooms. Whenever the parents weren't home, they wouldn't hesitate to ride them in or out of the house. Or to fire them up for some fine tuning. I saw them ride right down the stair-way a few times. :doah:

This is getting to be Jeff Foxworthy material here LOL. If your wife says honey move the mini bike parts so I can take a bath,you might be a redneck....:eek:hmy:

My wife wen tto Hawaii in October and I told here I was going to move all of my mini bikes into the formal living room and make a video of it. She was looking for tire tracks:eek:hmy: and dirt on the rug when she got home.

I just built a nice Mini Mate for my dad.
Brought it over to his house on Christmas Morning for a present and put it in his living room.

It is still there on display! Mom is a little unsure, but knowing I built it she is letting it slide! :smile:

small minibikes like tom thums i put in living room,might haft to thro out some
furneture soon! na only 2 now in living room, tom thums,:smile::smile::smile:

i was thinking of getting a completely all origanal bike origanal motor etc restoring the who thing professinal grade powder coat rebuild eveything and assemble it in my room the only reason it would be assembled in my room because i live on the second story lol so i was thinking about it would be cool to have a mini in my rom just havent found the right one

I would but i think walking past it all the time would make me want to ride it. Then it would get all dirty and be put away in the shed anyway. I would put one in my room if it were like a skat kitty or something like that. Small enough that i wouldnt want to ride it alot.

I'm not really against them in the house but since I was in a house fire things that can easily cause a fire are not to be in the house ever for any reason.
I never even liked my nitro RC's in the house.
Even so I can always see things that are dangerous fire wise that I just have to deal with like the wifes candles or the fact she is a smoker and an epileptic.

I figure the garage/shed is the place for them unless they are just a shelf queen.:lol:

As far as assembling one that has never had gas and oil in it or has been cleaned completely would be OK to work on and display in the house.

SpyGuy

Shelf queens, okay ... daily riders, no. I do like the pic of the three minis lined up against the wall, though ....

I'd never be able to get away with doing something like that - my place is too small, and plus, it's the g/f's house, soooooo .......

(Sitting here checking out that rack of blowers and Edelbrooks, though .... plus all those old car models and the two bikes ......... sweet!)

When I bring a new bike home, it'll usually spend several days in the living room being admired before it goes out to the garage to live with the others.

delray

i could see the wife coming home and saying the house smells:eek: i think i am going to light some candles:doah:

couple nice show bikes without gas or oil in them would be nice,but i dont think the wife would go for it:doah:
specially when i have a new 42x60 building to keep them in it and also plain on building a second level to keep all my bikes nice and clean. off the shop floor working area.:grind::hack::weld: