Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Just for fun class)

We have been using three different grits of flap discs for the last few years. They are great at returning metal back to smooth and shiny. Most of our cut-off work has been with 0.040" Metabo wheels. Some days we are armed with three 4 1/2" angle grinders, two with flap discs and one with a cut-off wheel. I buy whichever brand flap disc the local steel supplier is big-on that week.
Cool bike, nice work. I'm watching the engine work, good images. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
Hope this helps,
Steve

Progress. Valve lash set and dual springs installed. Arc billet rod torqued to spec and we almost have a shortblock!
I like to name engines and cams and so on. This one shall be deemed the Predator Killer...[emoji23] Even though it’s mild, I’m sure it’ll get some of the Facebook hood rat riders wound up...[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, we have a long block for the Taco T100. I got the Edelbrock head installed/torqued. I used a copper head gasket sprayed with a coat of Ultra Copper on both sides to help promote the seal. I use hylomar on V8’s with coolant passages to help the seal, but since that’s not a factor here I went with the Ultra spray.
I reused the stock bolts but added a hardened flat washer underneath to aid in achieving the proper torque and not gall the head.
Tomorrow if there’s time, I’ll install the ARC billet flywheel and ignition coil.

ARC flywheel lapped to the crank and torqued to spec. Had my gorgeous wife manning the torque wrench. Maybe that’s why somethings actually getting done....[emoji848]

Chad, is it ok to stay with the OG starter pawl? I was under the impression that they fail beyond a certain rpm. :shrug:
I don’t plan to spin this too hard, but you are correct. It may see short bursts here and there. I really wanted to stay with the correct blower housing style for the bike. I’ve wrestled with just putting a stock 5’er on it too. I hope to fire this up this weekend so we will see...

I don’t plan to spin this too hard, but you are correct. It may see short bursts here and there. I really wanted to stay with the correct blower housing style for the bike. I’ve wrestled with just putting a stock 5’er on it too. I hope to fire this up this weekend so we will see...

Just make sure you use a drop of oil to lubricate the felt inside the ratchet. That baby will squeal for sure.:laugh: