Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Just for fun class)

Got the engine disassembled today. To my surprise, it is a dual bearing block! Valve guides are tight and the engine is very clean inside. I'll get some pics tomorrow. I ran out of time tonight. Can wait to prep the block and start assembly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Vintage Class)

Well, excuses...excuses. I've been really sick for the last 4 weeks. Not much to report. However, a killer piece of the puzzle arrived early this week. Thanks to [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] for knocking it out of the park. If you're asking yourself, "is that seat brown?" Yes...yes it is. Hoping it will pull my design together and have the vintage look I'm going for. A rainy day in store for Saturday hopefully means engine assembly day!!

Minibikin's - Loco Taco Supreme - (Vintage Class)

Well, slow start. Got the clearances checked on the block, rod and crank. However, this exhaust valve had a weird retainer. So I had to order stainless valves.[emoji2] Governor hole tapped and started the eyebrow work.

Last edited:
Oh man, now I have to actually work on this again?[emoji53]
Thanks for the help in moving this and once again moderating [MENTION=9664]cheezy1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=31471]mrpat[/MENTION].
I actually had the wheels and sprocket media blasted at a local shop last week. It’s a family owned 3 man business called Rides Restored. They turned them around in one day and barely charged me beer money.[emoji47] I’m going to try and run these through the vibratory/polisher to get the finish close to original.

I was struggling to find an original tri Star for the front of the bike until that large Taco lot was posted for sale. I contacted them via Instagram and was able to purchase one. Great guys to work with by the way!
I’ve got a box of parts from OldMiniBikes last week with the last few major pieces.
I had put this project aside while working g on the engine last year. I had installed the billet rod and while going through the torque sequence I noticed a hairline crack in the cap. I purchased it from a member here who claimed it was new. My guess is they had installed it incorrectly and cracked it and sold it off. So with a replacement rod here now, maybe I can finish assembling the engine this week!

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Nice re-start Chad! I have assorted Briggs parts here...let me know if you need anything! Ya know I like the Briggs Flatty's!

That weird exhaust keeper was actually a rotator...those came on the I/C engines that worked all day, all night! Like me! LOL

I am glad that [MENTION=18286]manchester1[/MENTION] sewed ya up a brown seat...once the Briggs does it thing, the stains in your shorts will match the seat! :laugh:

Here’s a shot of the blasted wheels. I’m planning to tumble them and see how they look. Hoping for an assembled engine this weekend.